C4 Forums | Control4

Who has justified $300

DerekWPE

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My local deal said this was backordered and gave me the nod to try and find it on my own. Any dealer here want to sell it to me? If yes, can we complete this remotely? (paypal/cc/license/email)??

Thanks!

Well, I do not have 1 in stock but I did call and can have 1 by Thursday or Friday..

I do like mine..

I am about to get a new system installed. I have talked to 3 dealers yet. All three of them seem experienced with Control4 install.

I have 2 questions about this.

1. One of the dealer mentioned that he will charge $400 for the apple license and install. $300 for the license and $100 for configuration. He is already going to be at my home installing and configuring the entire system so does this $100 for apple license configuration seem fair to you?

2. I plan to have two 7 inch screens, one 4 inch mini and 2 LCD key pads installed in my home. I was wondering if it makes sense to replace or or more of these with an IPOD Touch and Control4 software. For those of you who already had existing systems in their home and are now using the IPod Touch I need your recommendation. Do you still prefer using on the wall LCD and touch panels and SR250 to the IPOD touch.

Thanks

iPod navigation is cool but remember, it powers off a lot and then you need to reconnect, which is a pain. It's good to use once in a while, but not as a primary navigation touch screen. I'm waiting for the 7" wireless and already have the 7" in-wall (love it). The extra $100 sounds fair since it is extra work he has to do to get it going. Don't skimp out - make sure you plan for plenty of customization time with your dealer. You should address the costs for this in advance.

1. One of the dealer mentioned that he will charge $400 for the apple license and install. $300 for the license and $100 for configuration. He is already going to be at my home installing and configuring the entire system so does this $100 for apple license configuration seem fair to you?

Seems high to me. The time to install has already been debated in another thread - but I saw it done in ~5 min. $100 for 5 min seems high. I know, I know, they may run in to problems, etc. etc.

2. I plan to have two 7 inch screens, one 4 inch mini and 2 LCD key pads installed in my home. I was wondering if it makes sense to replace or or more of these with an IPOD Touch and Control4 software. For those of you who already had existing systems in their home and are now using the IPod Touch I need your recommendation. Do you still prefer using on the wall LCD and touch panels and SR250 to the IPOD touch.

You'll be surprised at how much more you'll use the remotes - they're very convenient and are usually handy. That being said, we almost always use the touch screens to start up music, change zones, or view the IP cameras. We almost never uses the onscreen TV navigation. As for the iPod - I love it to fast forward songs when I'm on our porch or patio zones (no access to a remote there). I would wire for touch screens, and only add them in later if you find you're missing out on them.

Archived