C4 Forums | Control4

Who has justified $300

DerekWPE

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dealer friend of mine let me know that...

"....the good news is it looks like only 1 license is needed per system, no matter how many iPhones there are in the house. $299 is the price I was emailed."

That is incorrect.

However that is $300. lifetime.

Dealer friend of mine let me know that...

"....the good news is it looks like only 1 license is needed per system, no matter how many iPhones there are in the house. $299 is the price I was emailed."

My dealer told me it is $300 per phone, not per control4 system. So if you have 3 iPhones in the family like I do, it would be $900 to get the app to work on all of them....yikers, never getting that past the "budget committee" :)

This is where C4 announcing the pricing would be helpful, because a dealer can essentially say the pricing is anything he wants it to be. Sounds like some are saying its $300 for the system and others are saying its $300 per phone.

I think thats just miscomunication between either the dealer and C4 or client and dealer. Dealers havent really been givin exact details yet.

it's not for everyone. and maybe sales will dictate future pricing. I think it's a really cool app, but honestly, my sr250 gets more mileage than any of my touchscreens, and this is on my home system. So I can see why some would opt not to buy it.

At 300 per phone considering this is software only thats to much, yes i know what alot of you are going to say about all the R&D ect. but lets behonest this is a little exorbitant for SOFTWARE ONLY by no means was I expecting it for free (none of the good toys are:)) but to make this a per unit license @ 300 per i personally find steep and will not be purchasing, ill just have to stick with my 2 10.5"s for now

So has anyone bought or sold a license yet? Are they actually available now?

Yes they are available. We have sold 3 thus far. No, they may not be for everyone. Just a new toy to have. I do like mine for our store. Would I purchase for my home? Probably not yet.

Just being honest.

Archived