C4 Forums | Control4

Android - stream SiriusXM??

superDave

Question

Hi friends, semi-long time lurker, first time poster.  After battling with my Control4 setup for the last year (bought a house with it already setup), I've run into a new issue/question.

I recently switched from an iPhone to an Android device (LG G6).  With the iPhone, I would fire up the SiriusXM app then open the Control4 app and select Wireless Bridge.  I would then swipe UP on the iPhone and send the music to the Wireless Bridge.  This worked flawlessly and allowed me to stream SiriusXM to outside speakers.

Can someone help me to setup this with my Android phone?  I have the SXM and Control4 apps working fine, but from what I read, I need another app (DLNA compatible?) to use this functionality.  Is that accurate and can anyone recommend an Android app (free or paid is fine) that works?

Also, is there anyway to add the SXM application to the control panel that's in the kitchen?  I noticed there was a Pandora application but I'm wondering if I could add a SXM app here so I wouldn't have to bother with a phone at all.

4 answers to this question

Archived