C4 Forums | Control4

SR260 w/ Charging Station

ejn1

Mine is definitely configured correctly... Great that you are fixing the issue.  Oddly enough, I had given up and just purchased a new remote and cradle and when it was put into the same room as prior remote, the issue returned.   So my $300 experiment yielded no different results :(

4 minutes ago, dalgety said:

Hi. Just wanted to reassure you that we (Control4) are aware of this (battery charge level) issue and are working on a resolution. I cannot give you an ETA at this time other than to let you know that we have a potential fix ready for QA.

While I'm here, from reading this and other threads on these forums, it is clear that in some cases folks are reporting issues that are clearly the result of a misconfigured remote. LiPo and Alkaline batteries have very different charge/discharge curves. If you are using a recharge cradle and the LiPo battery pack and you fail to configure the remote for recharge, you WILL get incorrect battery level readings.

Regards,

-Ross

see post above

UPDATE:  You are all very helpful and have fixed my problem.

I am an end user, not an installer.  Based on the info here you helped me find that my remote was NOT set as rechargeable, as you suggested.

For any future end users with this issue, I clicked on List--> Settings--> Config--> Recharge Station and set that to Yes.  For me, that immediately set my battery charge level all the way up, which seems to have fixed my issue.

Thanks everyone.  I appreciate this online group.

23 hours ago, dalgety said:

Hi. Just wanted to reassure you that we (Control4) are aware of this (battery charge level) issue and are working on a resolution. I cannot give you an ETA at this time other than to let you know that we have a potential fix ready for QA.

While I'm here, from reading this and other threads on these forums, it is clear that in some cases folks are reporting issues that are clearly the result of a misconfigured remote. LiPo and Alkaline batteries have very different charge/discharge curves. If you are using a recharge cradle and the LiPo battery pack and you fail to configure the remote for recharge, you WILL get incorrect battery level readings.

Regards,

-Ross

Thanks, @dalgety. Glad to hear C4 is working on this. Double and triple checked and my remote is configured properly so hopefully the impending fix will take care of this little bug for good. 

• 3 months later...

Archived