C4 Forums | Control4

Newest gen wireless switches

We have 75-100 switches installed. All are wireless C4 latest gen. Some of the switches assigned to outlets show 1-2 watts of power being used even when they’re turned off (I have composer HE) One shows 8-9. The rest show 0. Can anyone explain? Why should these be using any power when off? Thanks. 

39 minutes ago, Matt Lowe said:

whats reading 8 watts? i would measure for any voltage on the outlet at the wall.

Composer HE is showing 8 Watts of current being used. Under ENERGY INFORMATION and CURRENT POWER it shows 8 Watts when switch C4 wireless switch is off.

17 hours ago, penn65000 said:

Composer HE is showing 8 Watts of current being used. Under ENERGY INFORMATION and CURRENT POWER it shows 8 Watts when switch C4 wireless switch is off.

yea composer he is not a meter. that energy information is not know to be super accurate. You need an electrical meter to read the outlet to see if there is any voltage.

On 10/9/2017 at 1:46 PM, Matt Lowe said:

yea composer he is not a meter. that energy information is not know to be super accurate. You need an electrical meter to read the outlet to see if there is any voltage.

Turned out to be a faulty switch. Control4 is replacing but bummer I have to pay $200 for the electrician. Shouldn’t C4 cover that? These are less than one year old. 

26 minutes ago, penn65000 said:

Turned out to be a faulty switch. Control4 is replacing but bummer I have to pay $200 for the electrician. Shouldn’t C4 cover that? These are less than one year old. 

They just supply the equipment. Almost no warranty covers labor to install it. Our labor warranty is only6 months so that is reasonable

Archived