C4 Forums | Control4

Max camera resolution that can be displayed on EA5?

jfh

Question

Can I have an IP camera display at a higher resolution than 1280x720 full screen when viewed from Security/Cameras running on an EA5?

If so, how do I set up the EA5 to allow it?   Right now, if I increase the resolution on the camera I get an error message on the nav asking me to change (lower) the resolution 

6 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, lippavisual said:

720P is the best the EA5 will do at the moment.  1080 is allowed on T3's.  I have no clue as to the reasons why, considering EA5 onscreen is 1080.

But then i can't display 1080 on a T3 if I need to use a TV connected to an EA5 at the same time, right?  

39 minutes ago, jfh said:

But then i can't display 1080 on a T3 if I need to use a TV connected to an EA5 at the same time, right?  

Depends on the driver and the camera itself. If you have no legacy screens, AND the driver supports it, the second screen could be setup and used for EA controllers(or, in some cases the 3rd stream)

3 hours ago, lippavisual said:

Correct, all depends on the cameras capabilities.

1st stream= best resolution for NVR/Recorder

2nd stream= 1080 h264 for T3's

3rd stream= 720 h264 for Android on screen

Thanks.  How/where do i set which devices use which streams?

That would depend on the driver written for the camera.  Technically, you could just use multiple drivers with each set to the different streams and then hide/show in navigator which ones you want available to the rooms.  This way is kind of clunky though but doable.

Personally, I think the camera proxy needs an overhaul or all devices use the same high resolution feed.  Certainly a PITA with all the different types of cameras out there.

Archived