C4 Forums | Control4

On screen navigators and HDMI matrix

pan

Question

Hi folks,

We are fairly new to C4, installed a couple of small basic systems and now looking at 2 larger projects.

Each project will have:

6 TV's,

6 comcast boxes

1 apple TV.

12 zones for home audio distribution

4 cameras

Living room receiver for surround sound

Possible entry door station

Misc. lighting switches dimmers and keypads 

A gazibo about 70' away from the house with tv and receiver for surround.

My main question is this: We want to to use the C4-LU1082D matrix and to allow each tv to access on screen navigator. My understanding is that we will need a controller for each tv, is that correct?

If that is the case, can I have multiple EA-1 controllers in the closet and place a C4-LU1E receiver at each tv? Is the EA-1 capable of 4K Ultra HD?

Any thoughts will be appreciated

CR

5 answers to this question

I usually try to put then at the tv and home run the tv's audio out back to the audio matrix which gives you better zigbee mesh options as well as the possibility of local devices in the rooms for stereo zones. This also cuts down on the size of your matrix on the input side. Many ways to skin the cat though, each with their advantages and disadvantages depending on overall system design.

Thanks for your response,

So you would not use the C4-LU1E HDBseT receivers at all and output the HDMI matrix to each EA-1 controller? Looking at the data sheet for the EA-1 I don't see that it is capable of delivering 4K, am I wrong?

21 minutes ago, pan said:

Thanks for your response,

So you would not use the C4-LU1E HDBseT receivers at all and output the HDMI matrix to each EA-1 controller? Looking at the data sheet for the EA-1 I don't see that it is capable of delivering 4K, am I wrong?

Eh?

The EA1 is not an HDBaseT receiver.

The idea here is that each TV has an EA1 behind the TV connected direct to the TV - AND the LU1 receiver as well. Use LU1E  and you can use the built in ethernet to wire the EA1 network port.

Archived