C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 Intercom Anywhere App

nevets23

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I signed up just to respond to this thread as there is so much speculation. As a UK gold dealer with a good working relationship with our Control4 rep i can tell you that there are lots of beta updates going on. There has been maybe 10-15 since ISE in February. I got the inside track yesterday of why there were so many delays with the app and it all makes sense. There is currently no UK testing going on outside of UK Control4 employees. Most testing is going on in the US with US dealers.

I have a 2n Video Kit, not the DS2 (obviously both 2n and I think similar if not identical drivers).  In the DS2 interface via the web log in is there an option for My2N?  I have my c4 touchscreens being called AND my cell phones being called all at the same time when someone rings my doorbell.

3 minutes ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

C4 door stations can not register with the my2n app - when you go to register the device it is gets stuck saying registering.

When you try to register the doorstation itself?

ill take your word on it.  I was told it’s basically identical firmware. 

Wow this thread is a barrel of laughs.

I wonder is it possible to flash the DS2 with a 'stock' 2N firmware and still use it with the C4 drivers as normal AND use it with the My2N service? Preferably with minimal risk of turning it into an expensive house number holder.

Of course the last few pages have given me a glimmer of hope that there may not be massively long left to wait for a 'proper' route forwards.

PS Gary are you by any chance LordChapman on twitter, I see him/you giving C4 both barrels about this issue :D

16 hours ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

When you login into the door station via the IP Adress we are stuck on one from August or September last year and  it says sever error  (for the firmware’s server).

Well My2n isnt free.  Its like $27 per device per year.  So maybe look at Lin or Bria?  The concept is the same.  in the doorstation UI can you create 2 SIP accounts?  If so, 1 SIP account is your c4 main controller, the other SIP account in my case is my doorstation registered to My2n, but you could try to register it to Bria or Lin or another SIP provider?  Then in the doorstation UI under users you can list your control communication agent distribution list as user 1 and user 2 is a group call of cell phones/tablets/computers you would set up in Lin or Bria...

The money its not a issue - Would have no problem paying. 

We have Tried Sip and use it on the LAN but do not have great success outside of the house. 

Just sitting back now and waiting - To be honest got a wee bit bored and I Think C4 are feeling the pain on this one. 

ok.  well if you want to look at Lin or Bria I can try to help.  Mimic my setup with 2n but replace 2n and their domain/proxy with whatever you get with Lin and Bria.  as long as your firmware allows you to have 2 different SIP accounts I am fairly confident you can get it to work.

27 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

ok.  well if you want to look at Lin or Bria I can try to help.  Mimic my setup with 2n but replace 2n and their domain/proxy with whatever you get with Lin and Bria.  as long as your firmware allows you to have 2 different SIP accounts I am fairly confident you can get it to work.

I couldn't get it working with Bria or any sip client. I was able to get a connection to the sip server that C4 has and created a second account but I couldn't get a call working.

5ad0f2575f168_ScreenShot2018-04-12at7_32_14PM.thumb.png.d81db8408c9499994eadf9f02c7dc538.png

1 hour ago, Shivam Paw said:

I couldn't get it working with Bria or any sip client. I was able to get a connection to the sip server that C4 has and created a second account but I couldn't get a call working.

the second account - did it get marked as registered?  see my screen shot - both say registered?

if so, could be how you set up the users

https://faq.2n.cz/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=75202880

that was helpful but I can send you screen shots too.  but first, need to make sure both SIP accounts are "registered"

1 minute ago, eggzlot said:

the second account - did it get marked as registered?  see my screen shot - both say registered?

if so, could be how you set up the users

https://faq.2n.cz/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=75202880

that was helpful but I can send you screen shots too.  but first, need to make sure both SIP accounts are "registered"

Yeah they were both registered. I'll try it again now.

To confirm, you added the universal sip driver to your project for the second account right?

What are the call settings and call groups you use in composer?

thanks!

i just have a 2n intercom driver.  not a global SIP driver that i know of.  and i set it all up.

watch that video....it shows you how to set up users.  otherwise i can post some screen shots
I believe C4 is not calling out using the 2nd SIP account, Bria or Lin would be doing the dialing out...so not sure you need another driver within c4.

Ok so my sip users. there are 2 numbers in there and number 1 parallel calls to number 2.

Number 1 is sip:All@10.0.1.5/e

Number 2 is sip:AllCloud@10.0.1.5

I am currently juat trying to call the DS2 from my mac sip client. I have a sip user setup for this and am calling the username that composer shows me. The call gets established but then immediately drops out which is what the weird thing is.

Anyone run into this?

Alright, so I got it working by doing exactly what I did last time, just using a different client (Bria). It works well when I'm at home and was actually easy to setup.

It works locally when I am on my network. Any way to get it working remotely? I already have a domain with an dns ip updater on my USG but I'm not sure about what I need to do to get the sip server working remotely. Anyone had experience with that?

thanks!

can you send a screen shot of "directories > users > 1" tab/page from the doorstation?

I had to do nothing with DNS or my router.  not sure you need to touch those things

if it works at home, did you put your cell on mobile data and try it?

Archived