C4 Forums | Control4

New Driver: Garage Agent

Cinegration is proud to release the next driver: Garage Agent!

The garage agent was designed to enhance the customer experience when integrating garage doors.  By using an experience button Cinegration was able to give customers a dynamically controlled garage door control that includes:

• Moving Up/Down icons
  • Alert Icon + popup on all control4 touchscreens + TV interfaces
  • Automatic garage left open alert
  • Ability to 'snooze' the alerts (example: working out in the garage and do not want to get notified that it's open, just double click on the garage agent and you're done!)
  • Failed to Close alert
  • Ability to lock or disable the control of the garage door (example: AirBnB homes)
  • Garage door icon can be located in: Watch, Listen, Security or Comfort on any screen!
  • History Agent Support
  • Works with existing Garage door integrations (MyQ, standard contact/relay) 

Driver Datasheet

To Purchase or Read More 

FAQ:

• Does it work with MyQ Garage Doors?  Yes, it works WITH the MyQ driver, it does not replace the MyQ driver
  • Do I need to put the standard garage motor into the Control4 project? No, this driver provides all the same control and more!
  • What garages does it work on? Any garage door that can work with Control4, this driver can enhance the experience
  • Do I need to redo all my existing programming if I add this driver in?  No, the driver can be used in addition or standalone with existing installations
  • Can I try out the driver? Yes, all Cinegration drivers come with a 7 day trial
  • I use DriverCentral's Showroom Project, does this driver work with that?  Yes, this driver is compatible with the DriverCentral Showroom License/Project

The garage agent was designed to enhance the customer experience when integrating garage doors.  By using an experience button Cinegration was able to give customers a dynamically controlled garage door control that includes:
  • Moving Up/Down icons
  • Ability to 'snooze' the alerts (example: working out in the garage and do not want to get notified that it's open, just double click on the garage agent and you're done!)
  • Failed to Close alert
  • Ability to lock or disable the control of the garage door (example: AirBnB homes)
  • Garage door icon can be located in: Watch, Listen, Security or Comfort on any screen!
  • History Agent Support
Driver Datasheet

To Purchase or Read More 

FAQ:
  • Does it work with MyQ Garage Doors?  Yes, it works WITH the MyQ driver, it does not replace the MyQ driver
  • Do I need to put the standard garage motor into the Control4 project? No, this driver provides all the same control and more!
  • What garages does it work on? Any garage door that can work with Control4, this driver can enhance the experience
  • Do I need to redo all my existing programming if I add this driver in?  No, the driver can be used in addition or standalone with existing installations
  • Can I try out the driver? Yes, all Cinegration drivers come with a 7 day trial
  • I use DriverCentral's Showroom Project, does this driver work with that?  Yes, this driver is compatible with the DriverCentral Showroom License/Project
Very cool! Great Idea. I am going to try this out

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, Cinegration said:

• Moving Up/Down icons
  • Failed to Close alert
  • History Agent Support

Driver Datasheet

To Purchase or Read More 

FAQ:

I've got the wink driver would the bindings and integration still work?

It should work with the wink driver.  The 'install' of the driver is just bind the contact and relay to whatever does those functions.  As long as the wink or any 3rd party interface provides these connections, then yep it will work.  I'm guessing all of them do since that's how the standard garage proxy connects.  The driver is a 'better garage proxy'.  It's based on the way we install Control4 systems for our clients and all the things they request us to do in programming which are tedious and error prone.  Let us know how you like it or 'extras' for these.  

Thanks!
Cinegration Driver Team

Experience buttons (like the Control4 multi-relay garage door driver, as well as this driver) can be placed on any sub-screen on the Android T3 UI, except for the main page, lighting, and blinds.

Unless I'm forgetting something.  :)

RyanE

P.S.  The Control4 one, although it doesn't provide the timers and alerts, etc. is also very easy to setup.  :)

• 2 years later...

We are experiencing a C4 customer with the garage icon that is missing on his Apple device.  He has two other C4  properties on the same device that he can visually operate the door and verify open/closed with the icon.  The door icon is visible on the tablets inside the house and on other devices that are logged on to this property.  Any thoughts?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.