C4 Forums | Control4

Project Cloud Backup - Composer HE Crashes

Every time I try to do a cloud backup with my new system, Composer HE crashes on me and generates a log file.  I have pasted the error message below.  I am able to do a local backup to my hard drive, but cloud backups seem like a good idea.

2018-04-08 16:19:25,838 **********Starting Composer Session***********

2018-04-08 16:19:27,229 [1   ] WARN  Control4.Designer.DesignerForm - Application: appHE - Version: 2.10.1.544796-res

2018-04-08 16:19:28,307 [1   ] ERROR Control4.Client.FileManager - The Composer license file does not exist

2018-04-08 16:19:32,886 [1   ] ERROR Control4.Client.FileManager - The Composer license file does not exist

2018-04-08 16:19:40,635 [1   ] FATAL Control4.Designer.DesignerForm - OnUnhandledException

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.    at Control4.Designer.DesignerForm.OnFileToCloud(Command cmd)    at Control4.Designer.Command.Execute()    at Control4.Designer.MenuItemExecutor.menuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)    at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)    at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.MenuItemData.Execute()    at System.Windows.Forms.Command.Invoke()    at System.Windows.Forms.Command.DispatchID(Int32 id)    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCommand(Message& m)    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)    at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Anyone see this before?

Every time I try to do a cloud backup with my new system, Composer HE crashes on me and generates a log file.  I have pasted the error message below.  I am able to do a local backup to my hard drive, but cloud backups seem like a good idea.
2018-04-08 16:19:25,838 **********Starting Composer Session***********
2018-04-08 16:19:27,229 [1   ] WARN  Control4.Designer.DesignerForm - Application: appHE - Version: 2.10.1.544796-res
2018-04-08 16:19:28,307 [1   ] ERROR Control4.Client.FileManager - The Composer license file does not exist
2018-04-08 16:19:32,886 [1   ] ERROR Control4.Client.FileManager - The Composer license file does not exist
2018-04-08 16:19:40,635 [1   ] FATAL Control4.Designer.DesignerForm - OnUnhandledException
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.    at Control4.Designer.DesignerForm.OnFileToCloud(Command cmd)    at Control4.Designer.Command.Execute()    at Control4.Designer.MenuItemExecutor.menuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)    at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)    at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.MenuItemData.Execute()    at System.Windows.Forms.Command.Invoke()    at System.Windows.Forms.Command.DispatchID(Int32 id)    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCommand(Message& m)    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)    at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Anyone see this before?
Are you using he 2.10.1?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

So I was able to figure out another way to create cloud backups.  If I go into the Backup section under Agents, I can force a "Save and Backup Now" and that seems to work perfectly.  Also the scheduled backups work too.  Does this method create the same type of backup as "File - Backup to Cloud"?  If so, then I have an alternate method that works perfectly.  Just wish I new why the file menu command crashes HE each time.

On other note, how can I connect to my system "off site"?  When I load HE I get an option to do a remote connection and can log in fine with my Control4 credentials, but then what do I "add" to the list to connect to my system?  Not sure what account name to use.

Thanks,

Dino

My system does this, too. I always back up locally (manually) because HE crashes anytime I do it the way you did. I'll have to try the programmed backups and see if they work for me as well. Glad I'm not the only one with this problem. 

Thanks guys for the feedback.  Good to know I'm not the only one.

So nightly backups are OK?  How many backups does the cloud support?  Does it keep only the last several ones?

5 hours ago, dinom said:

Hi rea are you using Parallels on a Mac by chance?  I am, so I’ve been wondering if that is the root cause of the crashes. 

I am using Parallels. That's a good thought and would be interesting to know if that's what is causing our issue. 

Archived