C4 Forums | Control4

Outdoor theater automation

daveva

To automate my outdoor theater I’m attempting to have a projector rise out of a coffee table. The problem I’m having is how to integrate this into Control4. I designed a system with a 12 V linear actuator with built-in limit switch. I need advice on how to control the actuator without having to install a manual switch. If anybody has any  suggestions or ideas I would appreciate their input. Thank you 

2 hours ago, twmoonly said:

How are you controlling the projector? Use the 12v trigger off of the projector to control the actuator, no programming.

Agreed. Same process as a motorized screen.  Projector turns on and the rest follows automatically.

13 hours ago, daveva said:

Im manually turning the projector off and on. But that will change when I install the lift . Thank you .

How are you planning on controlling the projector? Do you have a wire there from your rack?

11 hours ago, lippavisual said:

I don’t see too many options for 12v triggers on decent projectors nowadays, YMMV. 

What projectors are you referring too that don't have trigger on them?

Possibly connecting the projector to the 250 or the EA 5. I have a 250 in the garage that operates the outdoor theater. I do have a receiver in the garage that has a 12 V trigger. The receiver in the garage is an Integra and has three triggers which one operates the outdoor screen. So educate me about how to operate the actuator. How do you reverse the the actuator?. I've been looking at progressive automation actuators and from what I gather in order to change the direction of the actuator the polarity has to change which involves a switch or button which I am trying to avoid manual operation. So what do I install between the actuator and the 12 V trigger to reverse the polarity of the actuator so it will move in and out? Thanks

what are the specs on the actuator? You said it was 12v. If it requires you flipping the polarity you will need two relays one for up and one for down and in hat ase you will need to wire it to your ea5. Also check and see if you can program your integra to activate a trigger when off. If  it will do one trigger when on for up and one trigger for off to go down. Or look at the relays that they offer. You will need to wire that in and use the relay from the controller as the switch.

Could you provide me with a wiring diagram from the EA-5 controller to the relay for the actuator. Also what kind of connecter do I need to terminate to the relay on the EA-5  Thanks for your help

Could you provide me with a wiring diagram from the EA-5 controller to the relay for the actuator. Also what kind of connecter do I need to terminate to the relay on the EA-5  Thanks for your help

Use the Phoenix connectors that come with the controller. One wire of the push button Into the common on the controller and another wire from the button to NO on the controller. Close relay when video is selected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived