C4 Forums | Control4

Amazon FireTv Alternatives

Sailz

I currently use 2nd gen FireTV boxes in my project through an HDMI Matrix for things like KODI and Netflix etc.

Unfortunately some of the recent updates from Amazon have rendered my previous (ADB-IP) control useless. I understand videostorms IRUSB can solve this, however at $40/per and $40 shipping (Canada) it seems I may be better off just buying an alternative solution and sell the FireTv's.

Hoping to get some advice/guidance.

1. I understand if I upgrade to Nvidia Shield that I will also need the IRUSB to control these. Is that correct? There is no similar IP driver to what I was previously using with my Firetv?

2. I understand we can now load KODI onto the new AppleTv (4K) boxes. Is there a free (or cheap) driver for strong IP control of these?

3. Something else I am not aware of?

Also I was working with Coolabode for remote programming, but haven't been able to reach him. Is he still doing this type of work and just on holidays? Anyone else people here would recommend? 

Appreciate everyone's help

I'm just not holding my breath waiting for this integration. Still waiting for the tivo 2 way driver that was to be released years ago.

Remember the intercom app? Lol.

You gonna sue Apple when something they said at a keynote doesn't happen?

Its not that just like something that will be supported - Apple announced they are opening the API to C4.
With our Sky TV in the UK is pretty easy to open You Tube and Amazon Prime App within Apple is great so not too worried about Mini App. 

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Agree ari. I really like the roku channels view

Roku has the best integration with Control4 in my opinion. I offer remote programming services... Off the grid till tomorrow afternoon however.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, chopedogg88 said:

Roku has the best integration with Control4 in my opinion. I offer remote programming services... Off the grid till tomorrow afternoon however.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Does the free driver offer app launching?

Just now, Sailz said:

Anyone using Flirc? I can get them off Amazon here in Canada so free shipping and less then half the cost etc. vs the IRUSB. Wondering besides mini app launching what I lose out on?

and like half the functionality...honestly of IRUSB...

Archived