C4 Forums | Control4

Echo Second Generation

TexasBill

I notice with interest that the Second generation ECHO/ALEXA has ZigBee integration included.  I am wondering if this helps with Control 4 in any way? Does anyone have this integrated with their house (the second generation?) I have alexa integrated with my house and we love it.  I am simply interested in knowing if the 2nd generation offers any advantages?

The DEMO of the 2nd generation shows the command "Alexa show me the front door" and the camera being displayed on Alexa.   Can this be done with the first generation? If so - what is required?

Does anyone have that implemented?

Enquiring minds...

Thanks,

Bill

1 hour ago, msgreenf said:

It does not. No way to pair w control4 zigbee pro mesh

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks -

Your response is appreciated. I thought that it was also going to act as a "hub" and having two hubs would not offer anything but confusion as well.

13 hours ago, TexasBill said:

The DEMO of the 2nd generation shows the command "Alexa show me the front door" and the camera being displayed on Alexa.   Can this be done with the first generation? If so - what is required?

Enquiring minds...

Thanks,

Bill

as long as its a compatible camera brand im sure it can. I dont have one and neither do any customers so not sure what it takes

Archived