C4 Forums | Control4

NYCE sensor zigbee question

dman000000

I am considering getting a couple of the NYCE tilt sensors for my garage doors but am curious to understand how they connect to the controller. Specifically, do they require communication directly back to the controller or can they join through/ benefit from the mesh created by the light switches? My garage doors are pretty far from the controller but I've got plenty of switches in every room...

4 minutes ago, dman000000 said:

I am considering getting a couple of the NYCE tilt sensors for my garage doors but am curious to understand how they connect to the controller. Specifically, do they require communication directly back to the controller or can they join through/ benefit from the mesh created by the light switches? My garage doors are pretty far from the controller but I've got plenty of switches in every room...

they would join the mesh - that means relaying thru the nearest light switches

• 3 months later...
14 hours ago, chrisgar2420 said:

Does anyone have access to anymore of these NYCE sensors, specifically the window ones?

They are still a partner product for Control4 and can be purchased through Control4 by any dealer.  Just reach out to your dealer they can get you some. 

Archived