C4 Forums | Control4

7" inwall and proximity sensing

C4Newbie

So for some reason mine's stopped working. "Turn on when proximity detected" is still enabled but it doesn't wake up unless I touch the screen now. Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions? It used to be a cool feature.

• 4 years later...

That happened to me as well, on the older style 7" touchscreen.  I never figured it out (didn't spend much time on it though, I must admit).

I just installed a 7" infinity edge touchscreen w/ Camera, and now I'm not even seeing the option for wake on proximity...anybody know why?  Is that not an option with the newer models with camera?  or am I missing something?

I just installed a 7" infinity edge touchscreen w/ Camera, and now I'm not even seeing the option for wake on proximity...anybody know why?  Is that not an option with the newer models with camera?  or am I missing something?

You are correct, there is no prox sensor on the later models (with or w/o camera)

Because you were in the minority and many found it useless if not irritating - not me, but it's the feedback I have heard from clients so I suspect so has Control4. Default off would probably have been nice, but possibly there were design issues - I don't design these things, just install them so you'd have to direct that question to C4 for a definitive answer

I seriously liked the proximity sensor in the older 7 inch panels, so did everyone else that used them, kind of a cool feature to just walk up to it and have it wake up.  

Again, I didn't mind them, at least being there. But feedback from clients, including my nr 1 (my wife) was to turn it off - as it turns off the screensaver - in other words the pictures disappear every time they want to take a closer look.

That said I'm never happy to see options disappear.

Oh and of course everyone the used them liked them ... or they wouldn't use them. ;)

Archived