C4 Forums | Control4

Activating and DeActivating Media Scenes

We have started using media scenes the last few months at my house, and we absolutely love them. The one problem we have though is in deactivating them. Again, this Sunday, we had a party at the house to watch a basketball game, and we used a media scene. When we got done and everybody left, we hit room off and went about our business. Well, that night I sat down to watch some TV and bam - all the TV's in the common areas turned on because the media scene was still active.

I have several ideas bouncing around as far as what to do about this, but I was curious as to what other people are doing.

I was thinking of just deactivating the scene when any of the rooms turned off, of doing something where when the media scene is active and turned off, it will create an announcement telling you that unless you push "x" button in the next 10 seconds the media scene will be deactivated. Deactivating the media scenes every morning at 2:00 AM is an idea I have as well.

Anyways, back to my question...what are you guys doing?

D

Thats basically it. Make a conditional based on Room Powr and deactivate based on that. You could also link the power off command in the media scene to all the rooms, then when rooms turn off, if media scene is active, deactivate media scene.

This is how I am doing mine:

When room powers off

-turn x room off

-delay 500ms

-deactivate media scene

Schedule event 2am

-turn off room

-delay 500ms

-deactivate media scene

Then when I want to activate the media scene

When audio selection changes

?If media scene is deactivated

-activate media scene

I also have two rooms that I don’t want always activated, so I created a custom button.

Boolean variable – true/false

Toggle the variable from the button press

From the variable.

?If true

Activate media Scene

?If false

Turn room off

delay 500ms

deactivate media scene

Media scenes basically link rooms together. Any changes made to any room change all the rooms in that media scene. Its great for parties for volume, music tracks, video sources, etc.

When I say changes I mean in audio or video.

I have no idea what a "media scene" is suppose to accomplish... Is it that you want several panels on at the same time?

A Media Scene allows simpler multi-zone audio control. Media Scenes link source, volume, and room-off commands. With Media Scenes, you can have one or more rooms in a system playing the same music at the same volume.

Archived