C4 Forums | Control4

HE Basic Question

Just got a copy of HE.

Is there a way in the HE software to see what IP address is associated with each device? I lost use of my remote control as I believe all the IPs changed when I installed a new router, so I'm trying to figure out what IP the software is looking for for each device so that I can manually reset the devices to those IPs (and set to static so that I don't have this problem every time my router decides to dole out new IPs!).

Thanks for any help.

9 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

If I remember correctly, you can change the IP address for some equipment (and thus see what is currently set) under monitorIng / properties in HE. Pretty sure that I have changed IP addresses myself for my Apple TVs and the like.. but I may be wrong.

you can certainly see the IP for some devices, based on how the driver is written.  I know I've used it to notice some things out of whack in my system before.

3 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

If I remember correctly, you can change the IP address for some equipment (and thus see what is currently set) under monitorIng / properties in HE. Pretty sure that I have changed IP addresses myself for my Apple TVs and the like.. but I may be wrong.

You are correct, change Apple TV and Roku’s IP’s from HE.  Of course I have all DHCP enabled but all is locked from the router/NAS, So I basically have my DHCP server controlled by Synology and I can have upto 255 IP address per subnet.

Archived