C4 Forums | Control4

Dimmer Programmable issues

I have 2 dimmers that i bought that are installed and working but when i try to add them to the system the zigbee network never picks them up at all. The dimmers are being added after a hc300 upgrade from a htc. Whether that relevant or not, who knows. And the system is running 1.72

Do you guys think the zigbee radio in each dimmer is bad. ?

i bought on ebay. pissed as hell...the dimmers work fine but the radio is not connecting to composer.

Not to pour salt on a wound, but I would image 90% of the dimmers and switches on ebay are not working. Why else would someone sell one? It isn't like you decide you don't want that light anymore. People sell there defective/old/broken/worn out crappy dimmers on there and take advantage of nice people trying to save money.

They also could be 'hospitality' dimmers, which are on Pro, and neither you nor your dealer would be able to make them work until residential goes to Pro.

Lots of things to consider when buying rapidly-changing tech via eBay.

RyanE

I BOUGHT FROM SLAGO. do not buy from this guy. This was the first time i ever bought a dimmer on ebay and probably the last. I paid thru paypal so i am disputing the charge.

So SLAGO on ebay is a fraud rip off artist. Im out 130 bucks for 2 at 65 a piece.

Like i said the dimmer works fine ...dims and turns off with no issues but cant find the zigbe network. He claimed they were new and the wires looked new. As in the plastic tips were still on the wires and the yellow warning tag was there. but it didnt come in the box.

arrrrr

I BOUGHT FROM SLAGO. do not buy from this guy. This was the first time i ever bought a dimmer on ebay and probably the last. I paid thru paypal so i am disputing the charge.

So SLAGO on ebay is a fraud rip off artist. Im out 130 bucks for 2 at 65 a piece.

Like i said the dimmer works fine ...dims and turns off with no issues but cant find the zigbe network. He claimed they were new and the wires looked new. As in the plastic tips were still on the wires and the yellow warning tag was there. but it didnt come in the box.

arrrrr

Don't throw them away yet, they may be Zigbee pro devices that are for hospitality. Who knows, maybe he wired the MGM grand a stole a few.

If they are zigbee pro then they will work once the update to zigbee pro is done.

So I took the cover plate off the wall and looked at the dimmer. The model number is LDZ-101P10-W unlike the rest of my dimmers which say LDZ-101-W.

I am assuming since its this model it must be the Pro Zigbee dimmers? and that is why i cant get them programmed into my system?

So I took the cover plate off the wall and looked at the dimmer. The model number is LDZ-101P10-W unlike the rest of my dimmers which say LDZ-101-W.

I am assuming since its this model it must be the Pro Zigbee dimmers? and that is why i cant get them programmed into my system?

I believe that the P10 is placed on dimmers that are sold in 10packs. The hardware is identical to the LDZ-101-W however.

Archived