C4 Forums | Control4

OS3 Restricts Users

I’m no troglodyte!

I try not to resist change. I’m only 28 and the only system I have ever installed was my own, 4 years ago.

When I thought about getting into selling the product, I used to brag, to all those who would inquire, that the big red four would explain it all. Now, as of OS3, the big red four brings up a screen with only half the operations it once had AND its less easy to explain. 

i want the future to include the grid or circle of the watch listen lighting shades like it once had. I’d love individualized backgrounds for each room.

i also find it very difficult to use one rooms nav to setup another rooms media.

also! Why does sprinkle on, show grass, while sprinkler off, shows water at spray. 

I HOPE I’m not the only one

I do realize c4 isn’t catering to just me. 

The sprinkler on/off (if it's indeed backwards) is not an issue in OS3.0, it's in the driver itself.  Experience buttons expose their own icons, and show those icons based on their own internal status.

OS 3.0 is only displaying the icons presented by the driver.

What is the name / driver name of the driver with wrong icons?

RyanE

also! Why does sprinkle on, show grass, while sprinkler off, shows water at spray. 
I HOPE I’m not the only one

I do realize c4 isn’t catering to just me. 

When it is on, pressing the button turns it to being able to use the grass, when it is off pressing the button starts water. The button is showing what will happen.

Look at your media player. When you press music starts playing and the icon changes to pause ||. Press pause the icon goes back to play.

Sent from my E6603 using Tapatalk

I agree Buffalo.  Major steps backwards.  I really don't get it.  I'm not sure why you would REMOVE functionality from the system, but that's exactly what they did.  As a new customer building out a system, it's frustrating, and it's not what I bought into.

Hopefully they figure this out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.