C4 Forums | Control4

Version 3 remote malfunctioning

It's always a certain unit that stays put in one room. Zigbee is drilling holes in the walls all around the house so I doubt it's that. Helen Keller mode for awhile I guess. Or, I could buy another 7" WiFi- yeah that's the ticket...

That's a bummer. Two of mine are quick to reset if the get "bumped" at all, but other than that I haven't had any problems.

I have heard of dealers who pull out a few notches of the battery terminal springs on the remote, so that they come out past the 'holder', which tightens up the battery connection.

RyanE

That's a bummer. Two of mine are quick to reset if the get "bumped" at all' date=' but other than that I haven't had any problems.[/quote']

I have heard of dealers who pull out a few notches of the battery terminal springs on the remote, so that they come out past the 'holder', which tightens up the battery connection.

RyanE

Yup good 'ol rickharperco... LMAO!

That's a bummer. Two of mine are quick to reset if the get "bumped" at all' date=' but other than that I haven't had any problems.[/quote']

RyanE

Yup good 'ol rickharperco... LMAO!

HUH?

The battery thing was my thought after noticing it will disconnect if shaken. 4 AA's have a bit of weight to them. So the simple act of lifting it up off the table, with weak springs, can cause the batts to come out of contact, and by the time you look at the screen it's disconnected. Simple physics. At least according to a few on the dealer forums, stretching the springs, or rolling them out of the plastic retainer to gain a coil, has solved the issues.

Honestly, all five of my 250s have tight fitting batteries and have never faulted due to power-loss. If this was the case, the C4 splash screen would not give way to the menu items in short order rather than locking-up for hours/days. Don't you think?

• 1 month later...

I am re-posting to this older thread as I also have been having ongoing issues with my SR250 remote locking up and or losing connection with the controller. I tried the battery spring fix with no success in helping the situation. Taking out a battery and then putting it back in cleared and reconnected the remote.

After re-reading this thread again I saw that several have traded their remotes with the dealer and they worked on other projects. It got thinking I might have a conflict in my project, as over the weekend I was showing my neighbor my system. When I used the "Sports Bar" tab in the navigator screen and then toggled it on and then off with the custom button, which used a Media Scene I created a long time ago, the remote lost connection with the controller. I lost room listings, etc. Battery out and back in reconnected the remote.

I tried the tab and custom button later and same thing happened. The instructor at Tech I a couple weeks back told us that Media Scenes are no longer recommended to be used as they were very problematic. Monday night I deleted the media scene. I also changed to an On custom button and an Off custom button with new action commands instead of trying to toggle the actions on one button.

SO FAR .. two days and no remote control lock ups!!! Keeping my fingers crossed!! ;)

EDIT 8/9/09: 6 days now and no remote problems, seems in my case this was a fix. Appears the media scenes and programming contained within them were causing overall system instability and causing disconnects etc. with the remote. This occurs on computers frequently. Programs/files that run in the background can reek havoc with other programs and hardware functioning properly.

Archived