C4 Forums | Control4

IR output on Speakerpoint

Anybody know how to use the IR output on the C4 Speaker Point? I have a C4 HTC in my home theater, but want to use my speaker point in the TV-room. There are two IR outputs on the speaker point, but I can´t seem to find them under connections in Composer. It would be nice to control my TV and cabel whit CF remote in the TV-room.

The IR outs on the speaker point were never activated and probably never will be. There is no way to use them.

No probably about it - they never will be activated.

Anybody know how to use the IR output on the C4 Speaker Point? I have a C4 HTC in my home theater, but want to use my speaker point in the TV-room. There are two IR outputs on the speaker point, but I can´t seem to find them under connections in Composer. It would be nice to control my TV and cabel whit CF remote in the TV-room.

Yet, Another End-User with composer...

What a Joy!! :/

Anybody know how to use the IR output on the C4 Speaker Point? I have a C4 HTC in my home theater' date=' but want to use my speaker point in the TV-room. There are two IR outputs on the speaker point, but I can´t seem to find them under connections in Composer. It would be nice to control my TV and cabel whit CF remote in the TV-room.[/quote']

What? End users are not supposed to have Pro? Since when? :lol:

Anybody know how to use the IR output on the C4 Speaker Point? I have a C4 HTC in my home theater' date=' but want to use my speaker point in the TV-room. There are two IR outputs on the speaker point, but I can´t seem to find them under connections in Composer. It would be nice to control my TV and cabel whit CF remote in the TV-room.[/quote']

Lighten up man. If he is and end user maybe he will screw it up, then he can pay you. Maybe he's a dealer? Who knows, it was his first post!

Lighten up man. If he is and end user maybe he will screw it up, then he can pay you. Maybe he's a dealer? Who knows, it was his first post!

Hey Dillrod, If he was a Dealer he would know that IR's are not active on a speaker point.

Hmm, Maybe your not so smart are you... Never mind that was a rhetorical question as you have already shown in your previous posts, You Are Not.. :lol:

Yet' date=' Another End-User with composer...

What a Joy!! :/[/quote']

Hey Dillrod, If he was a Dealer he would know that IR's are not active on a speaker point.

Hmm, Maybe your not so smart are you... Never mind that was a rhetorical question as you have already shown in your previous posts, You Are Not.. :lol:

Can't you just feel the love?

So I'm sure you knew everything about every product on your first day right, ?dillrod??

Why don't you just STFU and go away? All you do on this forum is bitch and whine. Stick to the dealer forums, troll.

you might do better to stay in the dealer forums and when you come to the open forums you become an asshole

I am refraining from going into a battle of wits with not 1 but 2 idiots out there that are not equipped with the proper ammo.

Can you Guess?

Take off your shoes.. Sure you can..

• 3 weeks later...

Why would control4 put these IR outputs on the speaker point and then never activate them? it does not make any sense. Has control4 give a reason for this? They sorta did the same thing with the 4" mini touch screens and the mic on them. The mic is there but you cant use it for anything, i dont think.

Because when a product is being designed, it's pretty cheap to add some hardware, it's much more expensive to later add the firmware / software support to support that hardware.

These things happen from time to time, especially with 1st generation products like the speakerpoint.

RyanE

• 2 months later...
I am refraining from going into a battle of wits with not 1 but 2 idiots out there that are not equipped with the proper ammo.

Can you Guess?

Take off your shoes.. Sure you can..

Is this a joke? Is this guy really this big a jerk? If so .. is there no banning here?

Archived