C4 Forums | Control4

Battery Back Up

Hello,

Not related to C4. Looking for a Battery Back Up for Items such as, Network Switch, Router, Modem, 3-4 Cable Boxes.

My question is, If the Item lost power, does someone need to press the button on it once power comes back up?

I'm seeing that my customer don't know what to do after a power outage,

I tried this unit, but had nothing but headaches.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000DZRY9C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

5 hours ago, jamesc4 said:

Hello,

Not related to C4. Looking for a Battery Back Up for Items such as, Network Switch, Router, Modem, 3-4 Cable Boxes.

My question is, If the Item lost power, does someone need to press the button on it once power comes back up?

I'm seeing that my customer don't know what to do after a power outage,

I tried this unit, but had nothing but headaches.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000DZRY9C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

What kind of headaches?  Either you have a bad unit or you are doing something totally wrong.

I also have on of those and also I am having issues with it.  Sometimes when the power goes out for a second the ups turns off. Have called cs a few times but after checking it, it stops doing it for a while and come back after some time.  This is actually my 2nd one.  Next time will look for something better and provably more $.

Any recommendations ?

8 minutes ago, LollerAgent said:

Yeah - use APC.  Get refurbished units off of eBay if you want to save money.  Wattbox (SnapAV) also has UPS units, but they are stupid overpriced imo.

I agree on the refurb - I had a few new APC's, needed another and a lot of people suggested refurbs.  I found a good deal (and found good online reviews) at http://www.refurbups.com/Refurbished-UPS-Systems/APC-UPS-Systems - so I placed an order I remember in the afternoon.  10 minutes later I get a phone call, it was RefurbUPS - not only was my order in stock and ready to ship ASAP, the company is literally 20 minutes from my house!  One of their employees lives 1-2 towns away from me, called and said hey, want to save ~$30 on shipping (or whatever it is), he said I can meet you tonight at the local diner.  Yes I was lucky, but from order to receiving the unit was less than 4 hours!  And its been up and working 100% for ~18 months.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.