C4 Forums | Control4

Zigbee Outlet Recommendations

EverAction

8 hours ago, Jayaredoubleu said:

EverAction - can you take full advantage of the features of the EcoGuard switch?   I am looking for an outlet that can do energy monitoring as well as control

I’ll take a look but IIRC the energy monitoring features it has aren’t really functional to Control4. I think the only way to pull that data is thru the WebUI of the Telkonet EcoCommander. You might want to check out what LollerAgent said.

23 hours ago, LollerAgent said:

TP-Link has a model that does energy monitoring, and you can use energy levels for programming triggers if you use the Chowmain driver.

This is the HS110, and they work great with the Chowmain driver. I was looking for an in-wall version and was able to source the Telkonet. EverAction is right, really deep. And I was disappointed that the energy meter functions were not available. Would love to find a driver that exposes them.

38 minutes ago, BakerBalay said:

This is the HS110, and they work great with the Chowmain driver. I was looking for an in-wall version and was able to source the Telkonet. EverAction is right, really deep. And I was disappointed that the energy meter functions were not available. Would love to find a driver that exposes them.

There is a "Read Meter" action within Composer for that driver that will output the usage on the individual outlets. However, there's no way to post it to the UI. Maybe it's possible to make a custom button that fires that action and e-mails the output to a destination? Not elegant, but would be functional.

EDIT: Maybe take this a step further for those with touchscreens, pasting the metered outlet output to a screen pop via a custom button?

19 hours ago, EverAction said:

There is a "Read Meter" action within Composer for that driver that will output the usage on the individual outlets. However, there's no way to post it to the UI. Maybe it's possible to make a custom button that fires that action and e-mails the output to a destination? Not elegant, but would be functional.

EDIT: Maybe take this a step further for those with touchscreens, pasting the metered outlet output to a screen pop via a custom button?

Was that for the Chowmain driver for TP-Link or the Telkonet? I added the Telkonet driver, but did not identify any outlets yet. Mine did not come with any instructions, unfortunately. I have used the TP-Link for some fun stupid things right now. Trying to make a viable energy automation package, but it has been difficult to get the information I need. Thus, I was wanting to test the TP Link HS-110 and the Telkonet Ecoguard.

1 hour ago, BakerBalay said:

Was that for the Chowmain driver for TP-Link or the Telkonet? I added the Telkonet driver, but did not identify any outlets yet. Mine did not come with any instructions, unfortunately. I have used the TP-Link for some fun stupid things right now. Trying to make a viable energy automation package, but it has been difficult to get the information I need. Thus, I was wanting to test the TP Link HS-110 and the Telkonet Ecoguard.

I was talking about the Telkonet driver. I personally have not used the TP-Link outlet or Alan's driver for it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2019 at 3:37 PM, EverAction said:

A couple of people reached out to me for instructions on how to Identify the EcoGuard outlet so I scanned the document that came in the box and have attached it to this post. Please excuse the quality, the paper was creased from being packed in the box.

Also I took a closer look at my idea for being able to see the power usage on the outlets without going into Composer and its just not possible. While there is a programming action to Read Meter there is no where to "point" the output. And there are no variables available besides LIGHT_STATE to check for changes. Which brings me to my final observation. The only driver available for it definitely needs some work. I'm on 2.10.6 and from my iOS app when you view the light it always appears Off even though its On. Tapping it makes the UI catch up and then it toggles correctly from there, until you leave the room and go back in.

It's a c4i file so if I ever get bored maybe I'll poke around to figure it out. But for my usage it really isn't a big deal.

Telkonet EcoGuard Outlet Installation Guide.pdf

• 1 month later...
On 9/7/2019 at 11:42 AM, EverAction said:

This further confirms my feelings on Axxess. They had really awesome looking products that were just always plagued with some kind of issue. Like when that firmware was around that it was draining the batteries in the Motion Detectors that you couldn't find anywhere, that was always a real treat. Or when the Dimmer module would decide to put on a spark show even though there was no short or over wattage issues...

That damn doorbell too.....

I have that damn doorbell. I just pulled it out of storage over the weekend. Did you ever get any satisfaction with it? I was thinking of asking my dealer to update the driver on it. It is communicating with my project in HE, but not actually controlling anything. I can't believe they shipped those version one and twos with those proprietary Chinese batteries. Unbelievably customer unfriendly. 

I've got a use case where I want to be alerted if certain devices (kids stuff) aren't plugged in and charging in their locker every night. Which of the Control4 integrated outlets and accompanying driver can report whether there is a load or not so I know if something is plugged in? Bonus points if it could analyze the draw against known figures and I could employ logic to determine exactly what devices actually were plugged in.

Kasa HS110 with the Chowmain driver. 

C4 switch wired to an outlet could also do it. 

If you knew the load of a certain device (that didn't have another device with the same power usage) you could do a <and> conditional I believe. 

On 11/4/2019 at 12:08 PM, snipboy said:

I have that damn doorbell. I just pulled it out of storage over the weekend. Did you ever get any satisfaction with it? I was thinking of asking my dealer to update the driver on it. It is communicating with my project in HE, but not actually controlling anything. I can't believe they shipped those version one and twos with those proprietary Chinese batteries. Unbelievably customer unfriendly. 

I mean if you already own it and you have some ideas on how to use it, why not. But if it's going to cost money to get your dealer involved, then I would say don't bother. Don't throw anymore money into their products. Even Blackwire dropped them, so I don't even know who even sells them in the states anymore (let alone where to get those wonderful batteries).

25 minutes ago, EverAction said:

I mean if you already own it and you have some ideas on how to use it, why not. But if it's going to cost money to get your dealer involved, then I would say don't bother. Don't throw anymore money into their products. Even Blackwire dropped them, so I don't even know who even sells them in the states anymore (let alone where to get those wonderful batteries).

The company is a joke. I ordered some stuff off their site (I have an account with them) and after 10 days, there was no shipping information or anything. I called them, and they "found" my order, and sent it out that day. Apparently nobody had been monitoring their website for sales, so nobody realized I bought anything, so they weren't shipping anything. Seriously?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.