C4 Forums | Control4

C4 AMP 108 Zones are red and do not work.

Hello, I have a C4 system in my house and a few audio zones stopped working. I noticed that the amp display has a blue power light and all 8 zones have a red light. My other amp does not show any red lights.

I power cycled it and 2 red lights come on and eventually they all come back on.

Any ideas? Someone told me it is broken and the issue was a bad power supply?

The unit is 5 years old and doesn’t get a lot of use.

Can anyone advise if this is a programming issue or is it junk? Or repairable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So he didn't even try to contact Control4 just to check if it can be fixed or replaced?

That’s the problem. He just said I needed a new one. Didn’t trouble shoot it or anything. He might be right but i want to be sure before I dump all that $$ on a new one.

5+ years means C4 won't do a repair usually, though I would have called it in to check myself.

As for the assessment it needs replacing (or fixing if within 5 years) I would say he/she is right, all red zones is a typical indicator. Assuming you or the dealer at least tried to power cycle it once to eliminate protection mode, it means a full failure.

5+ years means C4 won't do a repair usually, though I would have called it in to check myself.

As for the assessment it needs replacing (or fixing if within 5 years) I would say he/she is right, all red zones is a typical indicator. Assuming you or the dealer at least tried to power cycle it once to eliminate protection mode, it means a full failure.

Thanks, that’s a bummer. 5 years is not a long time .

• 3 weeks later...
These can be repaired for a fraction of the price C4 charge at any good local electronics repair shop, we sent in about ten of them so far that were out of warranty

Thanks I actually brought it to a repair store and it is a main power supply and a few amp modules.

We are not sure how to get the parts though. Any ideas as to how to find replacement parts??

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.