C4 Forums | Control4

Wake/Sleep Agent

ILoveC4

I'm doing the programming in my new place, and just diving in to that for the first time. I assumed there was a way to programmatically adjust the wake time, but I can't figure out how to do that. Is that not the case? I can see how to programmatically Enable/Disable the respective wakes, but I was hoping for a variable where I could adjust the time. Not only can I not find how to programmatically adjust the time, but can I not set different wake times for different days? One of my kids has an early morning obligation every Tuesday and Thursday that he needs to wake up earlier for. And I can't have multiple wake ups for the same room as a work around?

Obviously I can accomplish everything that I want to with regular programming, but was hoping to take advantage of this agent. Can anyone let me know if I'm missing something?

With the Wake/Sleep agent, it goes off of the room. Meaning you can only put the wake sleep agent in a room once and configure it from there. You can have it setup to go off certain times but the issue with that is the agent uses active days. Meaning whatever time it is set to is the same on all active days. If a day is not selected as an active day in that room wake/sleep, nothing will go off on that day. From my understanding if you wanted to add different timers for different days in the same room, you would do that like you said through programming.

3 hours ago, sonic30101 said:

I use Google calendar and ifttt then conditionals for event title and name to trigger the appropriate family members wakeup sequence

Yeah, that's a good way to go. I'm just excited to try out all the new stuff as I setup my last project in 2007 before it was all available, and since I'd done extensive programming to accomplish a lot of what this new stuff does, I didn't adopt the new stuff. Trying to adopt it now since I've got a clean slate.

Can you program the wake up agent to only activate for that day when a light level changes in that room?  I want it so that when I hit a light after 8:30 the agent becomes active and will go off in the morning at the set time, and if it doesnt change, the agent does not active?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.