C4 Forums | Control4

OS 3.1 intranet issue

Anish

I’m on OS 3.1 and had a strange event occured on my system whilst intranet. We had a ddos attack on our isp this weekend and the internet has been been down for the past 3 days. So now ,My app (wired and wireless) fails to load occasionally (403a error) whilst intranet on the same WiFi and also the on wired t10 screen. Also, smart switch instruction take up to 3 minutes to execute. Clearly this is anomalous (and dangerous -for example  garage door opening )  I have power cycled the EA5 and the internet router.  I have a Ubiquiti 24 port POE switch and 7 UniFi AP’s 

Has anyone experienced this before. This is all intranet. I have 4sight enabled. 

1 hour ago, Dunamivora said:

It sounds like it could be network issues.

Are you sure nothing was comprimised on the network with the DDOS?

Don’t know yet. The network is still down after the ddos. I am just concerned that the control 4 environment is dependent on an active internet connection. I assumed the microenvironment didn’t require an internet connection.  

2 hours ago, Dunamivora said:

It doesn't need an internet connection, unless there are drivers that are causing issues that do require internet.

It does, however, require a stable local network.

Once the isp is up and stable again, will try an emulate the issue and see where the problem is 

Unplug the internet router from the ISP modem.  Cycle your router, Switch and AP's and see if you still have issues with the ISP device unplugged. If you don't, call your ISP and ask them to re-provision your device so that you get a new IP address and then try with your ISP device plugged into your router.

A DDOS attack will cripple your routers ability to work regardless if the firewall is blocking the offending packets.  The whole point is to deny service.  That service is both internal and external.  Are you running the Unifi network software?  What does that tell you?

13 hours ago, c4Iona said:

Unplug the internet router from the ISP modem.  Cycle your router, Switch and AP's and see if you still have issues with the ISP device unplugged. If you don't, call your ISP and ask them to re-provision your device so that you get a new IP address and then try with your ISP device plugged into your router.

A DDOS attack will cripple your routers ability to work regardless if the firewall is blocking the offending packets.  The whole point is to deny service.  That service is both internal and external.  Are you running the Unifi network software?  What does that tell you?

I have a UniFi cloud controller and its shows all switches and AP as down -( because I’m still offline )

a power recycle of the router seems to have worked on the t10 but I’m still getting intermittent errors on the wireless connections (iOS app) where the app won’t populate and gives a 403a error

1 hour ago, Anish said:

I have a UniFi cloud controller and its shows all switches and AP as down -( because I’m still offline )

a power recycle of the router seems to have worked on the t10 but I’m still getting intermittent errors on the wireless connections (iOS app) where the app won’t populate and gives a 403a error

As @C4Iona mentioned, disconnect your router from the Internet. I will assume that your Unifi controller is local. Your home network should be stable. Make sure you're not reaching out to the cloud for anything at this point (DHCP, Cloud controller, C4, etc). The only thing that might look for a connection is DNS, and that should fail. For Unifi and C4 to work in a web browser, you should be using IP addresses for your local network.

With the Internet disconnect, this should all work. Don't even connect the router to the internet until you get your network stable.

1 hour ago, ekohn00 said:

As @C4Iona mentioned, disconnect your router from the Internet. I will assume that your Unifi controller is local. Your home network should be stable. Make sure you're not reaching out to the cloud for anything at this point (DHCP, Cloud controller, C4, etc). The only thing that might look for a connection is DNS, and that should fail. For Unifi and C4 to work in a web browser, you should be using IP addresses for your local network.

With the Internet disconnect, this should all work. Don't even connect the router to the internet until you get your network stable.

Thanks for the advice

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.