C4 Forums | Control4

Os 3.1 bug

My os3.1 seems to be dependent on an active internet connection. I’ve lost Internet connectivity twice in the past month due to service provider issues and each time my intranet c4 is unusable. Smart switch inputs  are either delayed for 2 or more minutes or are not processed at all. The 2 or 3 minute delayed response to inputs is what scares me- like a garage door open or close instruction! 

i have no external drivers as far as I am aware (I do have Apple TV bridge) and do have an active 4sight subscription. 

14 hours ago, Anish said:

My os3.1 seems to be dependent on an active internet connection. I’ve lost Internet connectivity twice in the past month due to service provider issues and each time my intranet c4 is unusable. Smart switch inputs  are either delayed for 2 or more minutes or are not processed at all. The 2 or 3 minute delayed response to inputs is what scares me- like a garage door open or close instruction! 

i have no external drivers as far as I am aware (I do have Apple TV bridge) and do have an active 4sight subscription. 

I’ve noticed the exact same thing and asked my dealer about it last week. He said it was unlikely to be Control4 related... now I think it is...

Hmm. This has indeed been going around a fair bit over the last year (maybe 2) or so.

AFAIK it's unclear what the exact issues or reasons are at this time. But plenty of systems ARE working without (constant) internet just fine.

It may be related to (some?) 3rd party drivers looking to authenticate, or possible something in C4 handling those requests wrong when there is no internet, or perhaps it's related to certain network gear or even ISP modems.

Or some sort of combination of all of the above. My advise would be to ask your dealer to take this up with tech support - I suspect they need more cases to be able to find commonality to trace down the cause(s). Or even reach out to C4 consumer help to get it noted.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2019 at 4:36 AM, Cyknight said:

Hmm. This has indeed been going around a fair bit over the last year (maybe 2) or so.

AFAIK it's unclear what the exact issues or reasons are at this time. But plenty of systems ARE working without (constant) internet just fine.

It may be related to (some?) 3rd party drivers looking to authenticate, or possible something in C4 handling those requests wrong when there is no internet, or perhaps it's related to certain network gear or even ISP modems.

Or some sort of combination of all of the above. My advise would be to ask your dealer to take this up with tech support - I suspect they need more cases to be able to find commonality to trace down the cause(s). Or even reach out to C4 consumer help to get it noted.

Perhaps @jakblak can assist with ramping up some priority to this issue 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.