C4 Forums | Control4

Control UI iPhone UPDATED!! Finally works with 3.0!

I just got the update, you beat me to the post....:P

HOWEVER it did not solve the problem with the room list not opening properly.

I did find that if you went to info config and did an update and once the rooms all parsed the app worked properly

UNTIL ... you close the app and re open it again

SAME PROBLEM WITH ROOM LIST THEN EXISTS...

Any one else finding this???

Problems for me. I have a 3G. Latest software all around - 3.0 iPhone, 3.0 1,7.3.20 Control4...

When I bring up one of my IP cameras it gives the selection scene. If I choose one of my 2 cameras (either one) it shows the camera for a few seconds and then the program quits. It says "Mode: Movie" in the corner before it quits if that gives a clue.

I tried deleting the program and redownloading from iTunes. When I UPDATE it starts the process and I can see "Parsing Kitchen Information.. parsing Theater Information..." but before it gets to all the rooms the screen turns black and doesn't respond to anything. If I wait a full minute or two the program it comes back on but in portrait mode only showing the left half of the screen. (I haven't moved the orientation at all. It's flat on the table) If I click around it won't go back to landscape mode and eventually quits.

I relaunch the program at that point it seems to work but I'm not sure if all the updates got in there.

Any clues on what to do?

The battery % comes equipped with the new 3gs. You go under settings then general then usage and the first item is battery% and you slide it to yes. My brother who has the 3g was very envious when he saw that on mine.

This may be a fluke, but I think I found a work around for the small box. If I first select the light icon on the poc screen, then hit the room button up top to change rooms it always gives me the big box. It's an extra step but much easier then trying to use the small box.

Same effect if you hit the info button and are in any of it's sub screens. In any of these screens the room pick screen is fine. Like pharmdsmith said an extra step but sure makes it easier to select a new room.

Email from ControlUI said they have resubmitted the app to Apple. Since it is not a full update, pertaining only to the "pickers", room picker, wake picker, etc. Apple has said they will try to expedite the approval and post process.

Cool new feature I just noticed - MTS should have this too!! All thermostats on one screen (similar to sensors on one screen which the app has but MTS also needs)

http://img.skitch.com/20090706-d5u6u5ak6w91a75qgxiy1fmxi9.jpg

you can do this on the touch screens - there is a driver to make this happen

with the C4 thermostats? Is this just on the 7" and 10.4"? What is the driver?

Just press and hold the home button, and while holding it down press and release the sleep button. This will flash the phone screen white, and add the screenshot to your camera roll.

I haven't had an iPhone for a while, but that is how I used to do it back in the 2.0 and 2.1 days. I am sure it is still the same.

Archived