C4 Forums | Control4

Audio Programming Advice Requested

ejn1

Hi all,

I have a programmed Relay linked to an IP controlled Wattbox that can power on and off a multichannel amp used for 4 rooms in the house for audio/music.   I'm looking to program the Relay "closed" eg "amp on" if any of those 4 rooms are playing audio and the relay is programmed to be "off" if all of the 4 rooms audio connected to the amp are not being used.   Is there an elegant or possible programming solution to do this?  

Thanks in advance!

9 minutes ago, SMHarman said:

Yep. Delete all the programming. Install the Control4 power amp driver.

Build virtual bindings for the rooms and sources.

Bind that relay.

Job done.

Your programming overthinks something C4 already wanted to save their dealers hours programming.

Many thanks!

2 hours ago, SMHarman said:

Yep. Delete all the programming. Install the Control4 power amp driver.

Build virtual bindings for the rooms and sources.

Bind that relay.

Job done.

Your programming overthinks something C4 already wanted to save their dealers hours programming.

Was just thinking.... My multichannel amp has a sense dip switch for each channel.   Basically, if selected, the amp channel turns on only when an audio signal is sensed from the source.   As I'm using a C4 audio matrix, I assume the matrix will only send an audio signal if the room audio is turned on?   The amps main power would be on but I think this DIP setting is provide individual channel power on/off in the multichannel amp.   Do you think this will work also?

Was just thinking.... My multichannel amp has a sense dip switch for each channel.   Basically, if selected, the amp channel turns on only when an audio signal is sensed from the source.   As I'm using a C4 audio matrix, I assume the matrix will only send an audio signal if the room audio is turned on?   The amps main power would be on but I think this DIP setting is provide individual channel power on/off in the multichannel amp.   Do you think this will work also?
Yes but can be slower or less reliable.

Sucks if you use the amp for announcements.

When the audio matrix has 2 sources being played in 2 different rooms, is there a way to see which source is playing with which input?  eg  I have a coax coming out of my EA-3 to a DAC and then to one of the audio matrix inputs then i have the EA3 analog stereo outputs going to another audio matrix input.   Not sure how the priority takes place (eg does the EA-3 choice the digital output first? then analog second?) or how you know which one is paired?

Thanks!

It’s playing the analog output first out of the ea3 and then the digital output only of another room is selected with a new source.  I tested just now.   I would have guessed the opposite.   Maybe because there is a external DAC in that output 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.