C4 Forums | Control4

Multiple Subwoofers in Home Theater Systems

Subs are not left/right.  Although my Audiocontrol preamp has dual sub outputs, my Martin Logan sub also has a pass-thru for the second sub.  That said, how big is the room? One really good sub may be better than 2 average subs.  Obviously, 2 really good subs is better than 1 if the space can handle it.

5 minutes ago, C4 User said:

Subs are not left/right.  Although my Audiocontrol preamp has dual sub outputs, my Martin Logan sub also has a pass-thru for the second sub.  That said, how big is the room? One really good sub may be better than 2 average subs.  Obviously, 2 really good subs is better than 1 if the space can handle it.

22' X 22'

12 minutes ago, Dinushan Paranavithana said:

True. But the customer wants two (2) or even more than that

The 212 is a beautiful sub and you can put as many of them as your customer wants in the room.  $4,500 ea list price.  This is my second 212.  The bass is pure and exact.

2 minutes ago, C4 User said:

The 212 is a beautiful sub and you can put as many of them as your customer wants in the room.  $4,500 ea list price.  This is my second 212.  The bass is pure and exact.

Bad advice. Don’t care how good or expensive a sub is, without proper placement and room correction they will have sub par performance. There is no magical sub. 

Just now, KWD said:

Bad advice. Don’t care how good or expensive a sub is, without proper placement and room correction they will have sub par performance. There is no magical sub. 

Bad advice?  The sub comes with a correction kit that allows the installer or the owner to tune the sub to the room. Perfect placement will improve the audio quality, but room correction does an amazing job to overcome shortfalls in perfect placement due to limits from furnishings, etc.

14 minutes ago, C4 User said:

Bad advice?  The sub comes with a correction kit that allows the installer or the owner to tune the sub to the room. Perfect placement will improve the audio quality, but room correction does an amazing job to overcome shortfalls in perfect placement due to limits from furnishings, etc.

PBK is a single sub solution. He is asking about multiple subwoofers. 

6 minutes ago, LollerAgent said:

Suggest that they buy a new AVR.  You'll miss out on any calibration/tuning provided by the DSP in the AVR if you are using multiple subs with a single output.

Or a MiniDSP.

Or better yet wait until a receiver is available that has Dirac bass management. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.