C4 Forums | Control4

Triad soundbar

Is it possible to run a Triad soundbar through the Triad 8 zone power amp instead of having to purchase a Triad one?  My distributed audio setup has a Triad 24 matrix, Triad 8 zone power amp and I want to use a Triad soundbar as one of my zones and also as amplified TV.  Other than running the cable back to my rack, why get a Triad one?  I would already have the EA3 for streaming services...thanks.

as long as you are doing a stereo soundbar this will work just fine. If you want to do a 3 channel bar, elac has a nice behind the tv amp solution. Or you could through in an inexpensive AVR in the rack and connect the tv audio and triad audio to it.

Gotcha, I assumed that Control4 works seamlessly with Triad and since my switch and amp are Triad, wouldn't the Triad stereo soundbar be best?  I do have Sonos play 1s, but have decided to keep these completely separate from Control4 and just have them as a portable option.   Does Control 4 have good drivers that work seamlessly with Sonos?  I want this room to be both an audio zone for the whole house audio and a TV amplification.  

If you guys believe that the Triad nano soundbar is best, I would have it wired like it was an audio zone and use the ARC or optical to TV.  Is this best solution?  Lastly, I chose this option as the ceilings in this room are extremely high and having ceiling speakers would not be ideal and wife does not want bookshelves, so soundbar is best option.   Thank you!

***Matt Lowe, I do have an unused Denon AVR that I could place in the rack as an option.  Would this cause any interruption with Control 4 interface as I would want this zone to work as fast as the others.  I guess, use AVR with TV/Audio through it or use Triad Amp and optical to TV?  

the problem with a Sonos playbar is that if you have all of your other audio zones coming from Control4 audio, you won't be able to play Control4 audio out of the Sonos soundbar, or if you do have an audio connection from Control4 (via HDMI through TV?), then it will still be out of sync because it will be coming digital while the other zones are analog.

55 minutes ago, sabo888 said:

If you guys believe that the Triad nano soundbar is best, I would have it wired like it was an audio zone and use the ARC or optical to TV.  Is this best solution?  Lastly, I chose this option as the ceilings in this room are extremely high and having ceiling speakers would not be ideal and wife does not want bookshelves, so soundbar is best option.   Thank you!

***Matt Lowe, I do have an unused Denon AVR that I could place in the rack as an option.  Would this cause any interruption with Control 4 interface as I would want this zone to work as fast as the others.  I guess, use AVR with TV/Audio through it or use Triad Amp and optical to TV?  

Triad does have some great audio options. 

What we need to know if what type of cables do you have between your TV and your rack? If you can run any cables then you might look at putting all of your tv equipment in the rack hook up the in-ceiling speakers as surrounds and use the triad as your front channels. so depending on what you have or can do the options are limitless.

Thanks gents.  I am using 14 x 14 Versaboxes at each TV.  They will include a wattbox and roku.  2 Cat5e will be ran to wall, ethernet to Roku and HDMI to TV.  I will use Audio Baluns, (Snap AV DAC) for sound from TV when wanted.  I was thinking at one of the TV locations, (living room with a very high pitched ceiling) that I would use a soundbar.  This is where I have the original question about a Triad Nano soundbar.  I still want to use the soundbar for TV and also have it as a distributed audio zone when wanted.  This room is rather large too.  Sonos is now out from what chopedogg88 said.  I definitely want sync with no latency.  

Also, I have a decision to make about ceiling speakers.  For my high traffic zones, I am looking at the 8inch KEF Ci 200er with 2 channels per zone.  I do have 2 zones that don't have a lot of foot traffic, the office and garage.  I am considering buying Polk 8inch RC80i speakers which is a considerable savings and from the reviews, don't have a large quality difference from other mid range speakers.   Any opinions here?  

• 11 months later...
On 3/1/2020 at 6:08 PM, chopedogg88 said:

The Triad soundbar is not a powered soundbar, and as such, doesn't have ARC or optical inputs...just speaker inputs.  You'd need speaker wire running back to your amp in the rack.

Yes there are good drivers for Sonos.

How would a sub be added to the sound bar in that case? 

The Triad Nano is a solution only for a small secondary room and needs a sub to sound even decent. The Micro is pretty good in a decent sized living room and for its size  works pretty well. Still needs a sub IMO. The Mini is good by itself but its huge. (and really still needs a sub) Use an AVR and a Triad Micro or Mini and a sub and you'll be happy. Two channel Nano or Micro off a Triad 8 zone amp with no sub isn't going to good IMO.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.