C4 Forums | Control4

Panasonic IP cameras

akg4y

Is there a way to trigger events based on the motion detection of the Panasonic cameras?

Also, if I activate a Panasonic camera on my touchpanel (ie if I am viewing the image) is there a way for it to automatically turn the lights on in that room whenever the camera is active?

Thanks yeah I figured out how we could trigger based on motion using those contacts but I still havent figured out a way to have the lights turn on whenever you access the camera feed, is that possible?

• 6 months later...

HI, I ave been playing with the ip camera, and the little panasonic i have also had a video cable link. I hooked this up to the video sensor in the MC and was able to use the motion detector to turn on the picture feed, the sensor triggered and i was able to program. however it is not suitable for a customer installation as there many other events that make the camera send a feed on the video cable. I would not recommend this as a permanent solution, and i have advised the customer to place a card access motion detector in the view field to trigger recording and lighting.

Further to your query on turning the lights on, if you set up a custom button on the tp to access the picture, then you can also turn on lights easily at the same time. Also you can both to go off after a short time.

Further to your query on turning the lights on, if you set up a custom button on the tp to access the picture, then you can also turn on lights easily at the same time. Also you can both to go off after a short time.

I installed motion sensors outside so when the motion is triggered it tells c4 to run any event I want. I also set up a audio zone so if the motions sense motion between 1 and 5 am and the alarm is set, c4 kindly asks the intruder to exit the property immediately. It only went off once so far. It will also run an announcement in the master bedroom to let me know also.

Matt

^Bet your neighbors love that when a Skunk trips your sensor...

LOL The most I get around here is a raccoon. LOL I wonder it the raccoon set it off last time.... I will never know. Well I guess it worked because that raccoon never came back....

Matt

Archived