C4 Forums | Control4

No IP Control On Sony XBR85X900F After TV Turns Off

My Sony XBR85X900F IP control has worked great for over a year. Now when the TV goes into standby it falls off the network after about 5 minutes. I can see in the router, that over night when it's off for the longest amount of time, that it is reconnecting for about 2 minutes and then falling back off every few hours. As soon as the TV is turned on with the Sony remote the TV connects back to the network and stays connected until it is turned back off. I have the newest XBR85X900F driver (01/23/2020) and have tried both the "Simple" and "Web" Network API. The "NetworkKeepAliveIntervalSeconds" is set to 15. I have talked to Sony tech support and they were no help (factory reset didn't help). I am on a slab and have no way to get an Ethernet or wired IR cable to it. I don't want to use two remotes, what are my choices to get power control back?

sony support told me to leave the passphrase blank and save, then go back in and set the passphrase you want it to be and save.. I was able to get control back but not sure if this was the fix.. I assume you have check ip address manually not sddp id'ed

10 minutes ago, jamesc4 said:

Did you pull the plug for a true reboot on the Sony ?

Yes and Sony support had me do a factory restore but it didn't help. I ran an Ethernet cable though the house for it but even hard wired it was disconnecting from the internet. Sony's warranty is only a year so I had to call some local TV repair men and they all said the same thing. It's the main board because even Ethernet disconnects. I got an IR repeater to it so I can control it. Just no internet without replacing the board.

On 3/8/2020 at 4:57 PM, Baubas Cat said:

My Sony XBR85X900F IP control has worked great for over a year. Now when the TV goes into standby it falls off the network after about 5 minutes. I can see in the router, that over night when it's off for the longest amount of time, that it is reconnecting for about 2 minutes and then falling back off every few hours. As soon as the TV is turned on with the Sony remote the TV connects back to the network and stays connected until it is turned back off. I have the newest XBR85X900F driver (01/23/2020) and have tried both the "Simple" and "Web" Network API. The "NetworkKeepAliveIntervalSeconds" is set to 15. I have talked to Sony tech support and they were no help (factory reset didn't help). I am on a slab and have no way to get an Ethernet or wired IR cable to it. I don't want to use two remotes, what are my choices to get power control back?

wireless has never been reliable for me. Get a ca1 on wifi and use serial or a z2io and use ir 

I have been chasing an identical issue with a client's Sony TV, it would appear Sony have pushed out an update which messes with the integration.

I have had this back from Hayley Middlehurst in the Sony Pro Division and others are reporting back that this fixes it.

Hey guys Hayley from Sony here*

So consumer support have advised me that you need to power cycle the TV. Firstly, reboot the android system by holding down the power button on the remote for ten seconds, this should reboot Android and show the android
 circle on reboot.
Then... unplug it from the mains for a period of time to half hour.
Then re do the network connection in the settings.

• 10 months later...
On 3/11/2020 at 9:06 AM, Baubas Cat said:

Yes and Sony support had me do a factory restore but it didn't help. I ran an Ethernet cable though the house for it but even hard wired it was disconnecting from the internet. Sony's warranty is only a year so I had to call some local TV repair men and they all said the same thing. It's the main board because even Ethernet disconnects. I got an IR repeater to it so I can control it. Just no internet without replacing the board.

I had to go into pro mode to get that stuff to stick, changed whatever needed to be changed then went back into normal mode. I also enabled developer mode and ticked the box never go to sleep. My TV never drops internet now and my USB stick with all my apps and recordings stays put cause for me the power would go out on the USB drives. I changed a few settings back n forth and now everything is working as I want it to. Beautiful thing lemme tell ya

U have to Google how to go into pro mode honestly I forget, I remember it was like 5 different button presses. There was a tutorial on YouTube also that's what gave me the idea of the power settings. After I changed stuff I did restarts in between. Not sure if that helped or not. Hopefully this should get y'all going on the right direction to help with your problems. And if u have audio issues dropping then u have to go to network to the bottom, look for home control then go down to ip control and tick the box that says simple IP control. Now do a soft reset by holding the power button down for 5 seconds until the restart screen comes up and then hit restart. That will fix the audio dropping apparently.i found it on YouTube so only time will tell if it is a real fix or if the stupid soft reset did it. I've only encountered the sound problem 3 times so I figured I've got nothing to lose.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.