C4 Forums | Control4

Wireless sennheiser headphones as endpoint

macmann

Background:  we have a full blown c4 system with audio matrix, video matrix.  In the master bedroom, sound typically comes through the ceiling speakers when watching tv.  Basically audio is streamed from the video matrix to audio matrix to amp.   I would like the ability to use a sennheiser wireless headphone in the bedroom in case I don’t want to use the ceiling speakers.  What is the best way to perform this?

20 hours ago, macmann said:

What is everyone's thoughts to add a room in C4 as the Master Bedroom Headphone room, hide the room on all navigators, connect the headphones to an output on the Audio Switch.  

Yeah basically that - should do the trick. 

OR you can use an experience button and save yourself some time. 

It depends.

Two good working ways:

-Separate room for audio and connect to audio matrix.

Not sure why you would hide it? Just have it as an extra room, select that one if you want to use headphones and program to turn the 'actual' room of if it turns on and the other way around.

Works 100%

-If using a receiver/AVR/Surround amplifier, you can have a setup where your reciever auto turn off the main speakers when headphones are in use - best case it senses an 'off' bluetooth headphone, alternatively, you can put a relay on the line (cut outer sleeve, locate the shared neutral, relay in line) and you can use a custom button (ig 1 dot on remotes) or experience buttons to do the switching.

• 1 month later...

My guys put a balun with Red/White audio hookups and I just plug my sennheiser into that. I have an audio out endpoint "Master Bed Headphones". Now trick is I have to leave the Master Bedroom audio endpoint on or the TV will turn off, but I set that volume to 0 and use the headphones for audio when the wife is sleeping. Don't need to be in a separate room in programming. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.