C4 Forums | Control4

Recently upgraded from 1.74 to 3.3 my question is that I used to have a motion execute a wake up to set the thermostats at a certain temp. How can I get this done in this version. 

I know I can have motion set temp to 72. The problem with this is if I like to change the temp from 72 to 70 thenI need to go to every motion that effects that thermostat needs to be changed. If I say when motion is activated then execute wake up in living room ETC... 

Thanks for help.

6 hours ago, knowitall said:

Yeah, gonna need a lot more info like how were you even able to keep running 1.74 for nearly 11 years

It was easy.. IF it wasn't for wanting the ability to use Alexa and a remote door lock I would probably still use it.. 

Any input on the wake up? 

15 minutes ago, knowitall said:

Lol. Ok. I would start by reading the release notes from 2.6 and beyond. Somewhere in there you’ll find that the wake up agent isn’t what it was....

Thanks for the guidance... I will check it out.. 

3 hours ago, knowitall said:

Lol. Ok. I would start by reading the release notes from 2.6 and beyond. Somewhere in there you’ll find that the wake up agent isn’t what it was....

This.  The wake up agent was replaced the wake/good night agent.  Much nicer interface.  You can probably link in to this in the same way.

If I understand you correctly, this sounds like one of the many, many custom programming tasks that is easier with a macro.  Make a new macro in macro agent "Motion Temperature" and in programming tab you can set it's effects.  Then all the sensors call the macro and if you ever want to update the effect you only need to change programming in one place.  You can more easily make conditional macros, as well, like in the macro you can say "if night, do this, else do that", of if the variable "away_mode" is true, do this, else send a push notification that motion was detected while the house is in away mode.

With a macro you can apply these behaviors to all your sensors at once, and it makes the system run better.

22 hours ago, MikeIn312 said:

If I understand you correctly, this sounds like one of the many, many custom programming tasks that is easier with a macro.  Make a new macro in macro agent "Motion Temperature" and in programming tab you can set it's effects.  Then all the sensors call the macro and if you ever want to update the effect you only need to change programming in one place.  You can more easily make conditional macros, as well, like in the macro you can say "if night, do this, else do that", of if the variable "away_mode" is true, do this, else send a push notification that motion was detected while the house is in away mode.

With a macro you can apply these behaviors to all your sensors at once, and it makes the system run better.

Thank you so much 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.