C4 Forums | Control4

Forthcoming Berto IoT Production Release

9 hours ago, david@berto.co.uk said:

Not at the moment, it's only my 'ever growing' list...

Actually am asking for this for speed purposes, I can send RF codes from Console already, but my implementation goes from RF Switch -> Sonoff RF Bridge -> Bond -> RF Fan so its 4 hubs and slow a bit because Bond is Internet based ...

2 hours ago, sofakng said:

@david@berto.co.uk David, one more question ... Could your drivers expose something like an HDMI Switch to Home Assistant?  (i.e. allow the user to select an input on an HDMI Switch via the Home Assistant interface)

Why would you need this to interact with the HDMI switch when using HA? What sort of HDMI switch and what control does it expose? IR? Serial? IP? All of that can be done with HA.

On 6/5/2020 at 6:09 PM, Amr said:

Actually am asking for this for speed purposes, I can send RF codes from Console already, but my implementation goes from RF Switch -> Sonoff RF Bridge -> Bond -> RF Fan so its 4 hubs and slow a bit because Bond is Internet based ...

I think maybe  a while back I mentioned to you OpenMQTTGateway flashed to the bridge. https://docs.openmqttgateway.com/use/rf.html#rf-with-sonoff-rf-bridge

6 hours ago, sofakng said:

@david@berto.co.uk David, one more question ... Could your drivers expose something like an HDMI Switch to Home Assistant?  (i.e. allow the user to select an input on an HDMI Switch via the Home Assistant interface)

Anything is possible to expose to the third party services but not sure what you're trying to achieve here? The external integration is designed to exposed the ultimate target device ie. the Light, Fan, Switch etc. 

I've partially added Video and Audio endpoints.

I was looking for a solution to override an HDMI switch.

Regardless, I have another quick question ...

Does the IOT Gateway support Tasmota's with multi-level topics?  (MQTT hierachy such as:  room/device/command)

One of my Tasmota is configured with:

Topic = retroconsoles
Full Topic = basement/%topic%/%prefix%/

I'm able to use HTTP with your IOT Gateway driver, but is it possible to use MQTT with this hierachy?

Also, is that MQTT Bridge driver still required with the IOT Gateway?  It looks like both of them connect separately to the MQTT Broker.  (I think your documentation states you are phasing the bridge driver out though...)

1 hour ago, sofakng said:

I was looking for a solution to override an HDMI switch.

Regardless, I have another quick question ...

Does the IOT Gateway support Tasmota's with multi-level topics?  (MQTT hierachy such as:  room/device/command)

One of my Tasmota is configured with:

Topic = retroconsoles

I'm able to use HTTP with your IOT Gateway driver, but is it possible to use MQTT with this hierachy?

Also, is that MQTT Bridge driver still required with the IOT Gateway?  It looks like both of them connect separately to the MQTT Broker.  (I think your documentation states you are phasing the bridge driver out though...)

Multi level topics are supported as long as the same prefix is used for all devices and they all have the same Group Topic.

The MQTT Bridge is not required and the plan is to remove the need for it all together as the IOT Gateway does 90% of the job already.

Thanks

David

Thanks for the reply.

What do you mean by, as long as the same prefix is used for all devices?

Let's say I have two Tasmota devices:

Topic = retroconsoles 
Topic = patio_lights
Full Topic = outdoors/%topic%/%prefix%/

I'm guessing this would not work?

OK - Thanks for everything.  Perhaps I need to re-think how to organize my MQTT hierachy.

Tasmota doesn't recommend multiple words for a topic:

Topic = unique identifying topic for your device (e.g. hallswitch, kitchen-light). %topic% in wiki references to this. It is recommended to use a single word for the topic.

1 hour ago, sofakng said:

OK - Thanks for everything.  Perhaps I need to re-think how to organize my MQTT hierachy.

Tasmota doesn't recommend multiple words for a topic:

Yep, but I've seen lots of configs with the multiple names in the Topic.

I could look at using the + placeholder in the Full Topic if that helps but not sure how the publish would work?

OK - I'll look into what is the best approach.

Where is the best place to submit bug reports or other questions?

1) When I add a new/additional Custom Topic to the Berto IOT Gateway driver, the CUSTOM_MESSAGE_RECEIVED event doesn't fire.

If I use [Berto IOT Gateway] -> [Start Discovery], it then begins to work correctly.  I think maybe your driver doesn't automatically subscribe to these new MQTT topics until Start Discovery or another event causes it to refresh the subscriptions?

2) I've reset my Tasmota devices back to default and am using the default MQTT topic.  (%prefix%/%topic%)  The Berto IOT Gateway finds the Tasmota device and it looks correct.  However, the Berto IOT Device driver doesn't show the device in the drop-down for me to select.

Thanks,
John

26 minutes ago, sofakng said:

OK - I'll look into what is the best approach.

Where is the best place to submit bug reports or other questions?

1) When I add a new/additional Custom Topic to the Berto IOT Gateway driver, the CUSTOM_MESSAGE_RECEIVED event doesn't fire.

If I use [Berto IOT Gateway] -> [Start Discovery], it then begins to work correctly.  I think maybe your driver doesn't automatically subscribe to these new MQTT topics until Start Discovery or another event causes it to refresh the subscriptions?

2) I've reset my Tasmota devices back to default and am using the default MQTT topic.  (%prefix%/%topic%)  The Berto IOT Gateway finds the Tasmota device and it looks correct.  However, the Berto IOT Device driver doesn't show the device in the drop-down for me to select.

Thanks,
John

Did you make a Push after re-discovering?

14 minutes ago, Amr said:

Did you make a Push after re-discovering?

A Push should happen after a Discovery completes, what is the Tasmota module that is set on the device?

The MQTT client does only restart when a Discovery is started but I could probably force a restart on the Custom Topic change, will take a look.

I’ll check the event firing issue.

Any issues can be emailed to support@berto.co.uk.

Thanks

David

It's a Sonoff 4CH Pro.

It was running Tasmota 8.1.0 but I've upgraded to the latest 8.3.1 to see if that helped.

image.png.fe1640702f6bfc26e25a2d984eb32001.png

DEVICES.json

I've tried to manually [Push Devices] but the drop-down in the Berto IOT Device is still empty.

If you would prefer to continue via e-mail, feel free to e-mail me at jklimek@devsrc.net.

Thanks,
John

2 hours ago, sofakng said:

It's a Sonoff 4CH Pro.

It was running Tasmota 8.1.0 but I've upgraded to the latest 8.3.1 to see if that helped.

image.png.fe1640702f6bfc26e25a2d984eb32001.png

DEVICES.json 302 B · 2 downloads

I've tried to manually [Push Devices] but the drop-down in the Berto IOT Device is still empty.

If you would prefer to continue via e-mail, feel free to e-mail me at jklimek@devsrc.net.

Thanks,
John

What Drivers you are using for the device?  You should use IOT Light Driver!

20 hours ago, Amr said:

What Drivers you are using for the device?  You should use IOT Light Driver!

The issue was that SetOption19 was on for auto discovery for a Home Assistant system which changes the published messages from the device for tele and stat reporting.  Will have a look at making the Gateway work with the HA format also.

2 hours ago, david@berto.co.uk said:

The issue was that SetOption19 was on for auto discovery for a Home Assistant system which changes the published messages from the device for tele and stat reporting.  Will have a look at making the Gateway work with the HA format also.

Okay, I don't use Option 19 ...

• 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.