C4 Forums | Control4

NEEO Remote w/ XFinity - Remove Buttons?

I've got a NEEO Remote controlling a Comcast XFinity XG1v2 box via IP Control. Everything is working properly for normal use.

I would like to *remove* the "CC" and "Input" buttons (see picture) from the NEEO, as they don't work and are not needed in the system. They're also in a prime-spot for other goodness. 

image.thumb.png.43dc4d4fc8aeb80f5687ac8ac3ccf3d5.png

How can I remove these? 

They don't show up in the XFinity driver screen anywhere. Note the lack of "CC" or "Input" buttons in the list below... 

image.thumb.png.141a3aceb836cf22146fe95645a1e29a.png

42 minutes ago, RyanE said:

There is not currently a way to do this, as the buttons that are shown are based on which proxy the device is using (cable, in this case), not the specific device itself.

RyanE

What's funny or sad whichever way you want to look at it is those buttons have never been needed in a system since the proxy came out! I guess one could argue for the CC button for the occasional use (95% of cable/sat boxes this is done through the menus and not by a command), but having the input button basically defeats the whole purpose of a control system/universal remote.

11 minutes ago, ChrisM said:

I'm a bit surprised that these button's aren't programmable / removable. Hopefully sometime soon. 

I wouldn't get your hopes up, these buttons have been asked to be removed for over 10 years from their touchscreens/ipads/phone interfaces also. Its a part of the proxy, so unless they make a new proxy they are there.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.