C4 Forums | Control4

1 Room, 2 audio output zones

How can I have 4 speakers (2x stereo pairs), all slaved together? Each stereo pair is on the same Amplifier (the older Control4 4-channel amp+matrix). 

As a user, I would like to select "Outdoors | Listen | <Music>" and have all the outdoor speakers play together. Same music, same volume. 

I can do this with Sharebridge, by having a room for each zone ("outdoor1" "outdoor2") and then using that to span, but it means giving up all C4 audio. 

How can I have 4 speakers (2x stereo pairs), all slaved together? Each stereo pair is on the same Amplifier (the older Control4 4-channel amp+matrix). 
As a user, I would like to select "Outdoors | Listen | " and have all the outdoor speakers play together. Same music, same volume. 
I can do this with Sharebridge, by having a room for each zone ("outdoor1" "outdoor2") and then using that to span, but it means giving up all C4 audio. 
You just need a dealer to bind all the outputs together in the amp

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, RAV said:

Or you could physically wire the 2 pair to one output zone on the amp.

Agreed.  As long as they are 8 Ohm speakers you can wire two speakers up to each speaker output. 

You can also do it in C4 programming if you want the option of still keeping them as separate zones from time to time.  For that you would need Composer HE to do it yourself.

I got this working, after a bit of trial and error. 

Scenario

Keep audio across 2 rooms totally in-sync, as if they're a single room. 

Room 1: Garage (default volume 35). 2 speakers, plugged into a C4 Amp+Matrix. 
Room 2: Garage Audio (default volume 35, hidden in navigation). 2 speakers, plugged into a C4 Amp+Matrix. 

Step 1: Add Room Control Driver to Garage room. Leave Default Name. 

Step 2: Add Source Selection Sync Programming
Select the room "Garage"
Select the Room Control Driver. 
Choose Event "Entered Listen Mode". Program with:
image.thumb.png.4b3f19f94ceee338d0c5a467e6ff9a6e.png

Step 3: Programming Add Volume Sync Listening 
Select the Garage, open up Room Variables, and select "When Current Volume Changes". Add programming to keep the other room in sync:
image.thumb.png.7fe599a40fdf44085c706bca933eb314.png

Step 4: Enable Room Off - Programming. 
In the Garage, select the event "Power Off". Set it to trigger the other room to turn off. I would think this step isn't needed due to the room control driver, but it seems to be needed. 

image.thumb.png.0004ffcb2b7a54f620d6bd2dbcb1211f.png

How this interacts with ShareBridge, which is configured across both rooms, is "too be determined". At least for now, Tidal, Pandora, and all local music work like a charm. 

• 1 year later...
On 9/23/2020 at 8:01 AM, ChrisM said:

I got this working, after a bit of trial and error. 

Scenario

Keep audio across 2 rooms totally in-sync, as if they're a single room. 

Room 1: Garage (default volume 35). 2 speakers, plugged into a C4 Amp+Matrix. 
Room 2: Garage Audio (default volume 35, hidden in navigation). 2 speakers, plugged into a C4 Amp+Matrix. 

Step 1: Add Room Control Driver to Garage room. Leave Default Name. 

Step 2: Add Source Selection Sync Programming
Select the room "Garage"
Select the Room Control Driver. 
Choose Event "Entered Listen Mode". Program with:
image.thumb.png.4b3f19f94ceee338d0c5a467e6ff9a6e.png

Step 3: Programming Add Volume Sync Listening 
Select the Garage, open up Room Variables, and select "When Current Volume Changes". Add programming to keep the other room in sync:
image.thumb.png.7fe599a40fdf44085c706bca933eb314.png

Step 4: Enable Room Off - Programming. 
In the Garage, select the event "Power Off". Set it to trigger the other room to turn off. I would think this step isn't needed due to the room control driver, but it seems to be needed. 

image.thumb.png.0004ffcb2b7a54f620d6bd2dbcb1211f.png

How this interacts with ShareBridge, which is configured across both rooms, is "too be determined". At least for now, Tidal, Pandora, and all local music work like a charm. 

Hi Chris,

I repeated these steps on my project, but didn't work for me. Do you have any idea why? 

Wow. You guys are making this is overly complicated.  Just create multiple rooms (stereo pair per room) and use a Media Scene to have them all synced.  No real programing required.  I have a patio with 6 speaker and a sub.  It also has 3 tvs.  I created multiple rooms Patio (stereo pair), Patio Bar (Stereo Pair), Pool (Stereo Pair), Patio Sub (Sub).  I hid everything except Patio and build a Media Scene to manage all 4 "zones" of volume.  I had originally thought I would want different channels on the different speakers but it's a cacophony of sound and isn't usable.  This works and if I want to change sound inputs from one TV to another, I can do that as well.  

Oh and since they aren't all wired together, I don't have to worry about speaker impedance etc...  If I really want to, I can shut off the different zones, unlike if they were all wired together.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.