C4 Forums | Control4

Doorbell

mbushardjr

Hello,

My Wife and I are looking at starting to build out or home with C4. We have nothing today as far as C4 equipment. We want to replace our existing doorbell with a video doorbell. I have searched the forums, but I didn't find a nice clear post saying this works/this doesn't with the doorbells on the market today. I also didn't find anything on C4's website or manufactures websites, other than the DS2.

Here is what we are placing a priority on:

Video Recording, preferably motion detection initiated.

On Screen Display of video on the TV's in our house when the button is pressed.

I have looked at Ring Pro, Nest Hello, August, Arlo, Eufy, UniFi, and a few others.

Can someone tell me which one (Of any, not just the list above) has the most/any functionality with C4?

Thank you.

I use the hikvision ds-hd1. It’s RSTP and ONVIF compatible. This combined with Video Storms Netplay Tv on nvidia shield, allows me to get PIP and full screen feeds from all of my cameras. It also plays well with the T3’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of the Holovision units are available with Doorbird guts if you want a different look or finish. Other of their units also purport to support Control4.

https://www.eholovision.com

I have a 14-year-old analog Holovision unit whose camera gave up the ghost a few weeks ago in the 113F heat and I'm looking for a replacement as well that will integrate with Control4.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

1 hour ago, hunger said:

Some of the Holovision units are available with Doorbird guts if you want a different look or finish. Other of their units also purport to support Control4.

https://www.eholovision.com

I have a 14-year-old analog Holovision unit whose camera gave up the ghost a few weeks ago in the 113F heat and I'm looking for a replacement as well that will integrate with Control4.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Contact holo.  They have been good with me.  They sold me a 2n video kit to work as the sip piece to connect my model 424 holo to c4

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.