C4 Forums | Control4

Help with DS2 Live Video View in Multi-camera C4 Window

cdcllc

I have a strange problem with my DS2 that my dealer and I can't figure out.  I have an EA-5 on 3.2.1 and a DS2 with hardware version 570v5 and firmware version 2.25.2.34.15.  I also have a Luma 501 DVR with 2 security cams.  The video feed from the 2 Luma cams and the DS2 are combined into the C4 Security Camera view.  My problem is the DS2 video will not show on the 4 - camera view pane, but the 2 Luma cams will.  The DS2 video will show when in single camera view.  I also get stills under History from the DS2 via motion detection events.  We get the same result on all types of end user devices - T3, iPhone, iPad, TV OSD, etc.  I'm not sure how the problem started because I don't view the cameras every day - I just went to view one day and saw the problem.  On that day, I found the DS2 totally hosed with no ability to log directly into the DS2 UI nor a response from a basic ping.  I disconnected and reconnected the POE feed to reboot and the DS2 came back up fine with the exception of the 4-cam live video restored.

To try and fix, my dealer did the basic reboot and factory restore of the DS2 steps, but neither have resolved the problem.  The support tech went offline to research further a few days ago.  Any ideas for next steps?

3 hours ago, cdcllc said:

I have a strange problem with my DS2 that my dealer and I can't figure out.  I have an EA-5 on 3.2.1 and a DS2 with hardware version 570v5 and firmware version 2.25.2.34.15.  I also have a Luma 501 DVR with 2 security cams.  The video feed from the 2 Luma cams and the DS2 are combined into the C4 Security Camera view.  My problem is the DS2 video will not show on the 4 - camera view pane, but the 2 Luma cams will.  The DS2 video will show when in single camera view.  I also get stills under History from the DS2 via motion detection events.  We get the same result on all types of end user devices - T3, iPhone, iPad, TV OSD, etc.  I'm not sure how the problem started because I don't view the cameras every day - I just went to view one day and saw the problem.  On that day, I found the DS2 totally hosed with no ability to log directly into the DS2 UI nor a response from a basic ping.  I disconnected and reconnected the POE feed to reboot and the DS2 came back up fine with the exception of the 4-cam live video restored.

To try and fix, my dealer did the basic reboot and factory restore of the DS2 steps, but neither have resolved the problem.  The support tech went offline to research further a few days ago.  Any ideas for next steps?

My GUESS would be something to do with bitrate and resolution have to be the same for them to show same time. Might want to check on that. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.