C4 Forums | Control4

Looking for UK based Dealer and Integrator

balgray

Moved into our current house about 1.5 years ago which had an existing C4 setup. Since then I've used some remote integrators to make some changes which have been painful at times but the system overall has become fairly stable and useful. It is covering lighting mostly plus some basic AV coordination. Today the HC800 seems to have entirely packed up which has left us with no lighting control. The symptoms are pretty much identical to this post. I've tried a few obvious network related options to resolve this, none of which have helped.

So given that I might be looking at a failed HC800, and I'm not keen to get into any disk repair/restoration, I'm looking for recommendations for a UK based dealer ideally in Surrey who can help me get back up and running (with lighting!) in a double-quick time.

1. Do  you have panelised/centralised lighting controls or are they all via keypad dimmers/switches

2. If the former, the fallback behaviour for some of the keypad buttons should still function without the primary controller being up and running, that is if the installer has bothered their arse to correctly configure the fallback behaviour. If that does not work then at the very least you can control the loads from the individual circuit buttons on the 8 channel dimmer/relay modules themselves.

3. If the latter, the keypad dimmers, if factory reset (tap top button 13 times, bottom button 4 times, top button 13 times) will default to the top button toggling the power of load 1 and the bottom button toggling load 2  (if they are a dual load dimmer/switch), of they are a single load dimmer/switch then I think any button will toggle the load attached.

4 hours ago, balgray said:

Moved into our current house about 1.5 years ago which had an existing C4 setup. Since then I've used some remote integrators to make some changes which have been painful at times but the system overall has become fairly stable and useful. It is covering lighting mostly plus some basic AV coordination. Today the HC800 seems to have entirely packed up which has left us with no lighting control. The symptoms are pretty much identical to this post. I've tried a few obvious network related options to resolve this, none of which have helped.

So given that I might be looking at a failed HC800, and I'm not keen to get into any disk repair/restoration, I'm looking for recommendations for a UK based dealer ideally in Surrey who can help me get back up and running (with lighting!) in a double-quick time.

Hello! 

would love to help! 

Im in London next week, shouldn’t be too far from you! Can defiantly come and see you and get you back up and running 

Thanks 

Muj 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.