C4 Forums | Control4

Gremlins in my home.

So all of a sudden I ask Alexa to turn on the kitchen light. What happens the TV in the spare bedroom turns on and the kitchen light does not. This TV is not connected with my control4 system or my Alexa app. When I go into my home edition and press execute for the light it will work on and off. When I try to voice command it does not. This always worked before until the other day when I gave the command through Alexa to turn on kitchen light and heard voices coming from the spare bedroom. I deleted the voice command and reprogram the command but it made no difference. Any help would be appreciated thank you

If you don’t know which driver you re using, it is probably native C4 control.  I very much doubt the issue is on the C4 side, this sounds more like Alexa suddenly identifying your voice command as something different.  Does the TV have direct Alexa control?

When you say you deleted the command, do you mean you deleted it on my.comtrol4.com?  If so, you are using the native C4 driver.

did you discover devices after deleting and again after adding it back?  I would try deleting it, discovering devices and saying the command again.  If it still turns the TV on then you can be pretty sure that Alexa is confusing the command with something that links directly to the TV.  Maybe look at turning any smart home / Alexa integration off on the TV.

The TV does not have direct alexia control. I searched the tv menu and did an update on the tv. One problem solved  the tv does not turn on anymore with the voice command The kitchen light still will not turn on with voice command. No I deleted  it from my home edition. Yes I ran discovery after.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.