C4 Forums | Control4

DS2 door bell issues

Hello everyone,

I have DS2 door station. Since last week it has stopped working. I can still get intercom alert but there is no door bell sound. When i use the programmer and do the test, the door bell sound plays through the speaker but when the actual button is pressed there is no sound. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for reading this post and for your time to help

Did you check to see if it is connected to your home network? is it hardwired or wifi. Sometimes it will be knocked off your network for no real reason. Check your network, if you know the IP address then Ping it to make sure

Being a public forum (and relatively new here), I am not sure what I can and can't say about Composer Pro.  There are two settings you can do to 'refresh' the DS2.

My DS2 would get knocked offline quite a bit.  Since upgrading the DS2 driver, it's happened MUCH, MUCH less.  Do you know what version of the DS2 you are running?  If you aren't using any special VOIP settings/2N settings, call groups, etc. etc. you may want to consider upgrading the latest version.  Disclaimer, the newer driver will force you to change the default password.  You may need a dealer to re-align the default username/password in Composer Pro.

Edit:  When my DS2 would stop communicating with Control4, I found my DS2 webserver / GUI would always be active/working.  I always found it was on the Control4 processor side that needed a quick refresh. 

I have a 2n Video Kit - and I believe the DS2 is basically a rebranded 2n device too.  Mine falls offline with C4 communication - no rhyme or reason, it just does....In Composer HE there is a button that says "auto configure" and if I press that it all goes back to working just fine.  When I was on an older version of the driver it was worse as I had to type in some LUA code.  now I just need to press a button.  Frustrating yes - sometimes when it goes offline I get no video/audio on T3's and no door ring sounds in the house, but sometimes I get the doorbell rings on the T3, just no video feed.  All odd.  It probably has to do with the C4 SIP implementation but it is what it is I suppose.  Hopefully a lot of this was fixed with the Chime, but given the hole I have in my house/brick, replacing what I got with the Chime is not an option.

The DS2 is a re-branded 2N doorbell.  But the DS2 runs custom firmware that's different from the official 2N unit.

If you install the opposite firmware on the units, you may not get official support from either company.

There is a 2N driver for the 2n unit, and a DS2 driver for the DS2 driver

I was never able to track down why my DS2 would get knocked offline.  I am using a 2 wire PoE adapter and couldn't verify if that was doing it.  I suspected so because none of my clients that have the DS2 ever complained it was knocked off line.

Once I started to update the DS2 driver and maintain the latest the release it's happened a lot less.  

23 minutes ago, Jeff W said:

The DS2 is a re-branded 2N doorbell.  But the DS2 runs custom firmware that's different from the official 2N unit.

If you install the opposite firmware on the units, you may not get official support from either company.

There is a 2N driver for the 2n unit, and a DS2 driver for the DS2 driver

I was never able to track down why my DS2 would get knocked offline.  I am using a 2 wire PoE adapter and couldn't verify if that was doing it.  I suspected so because none of my clients that have the DS2 ever complained it was knocked off line.

Once I started to update the DS2 driver and maintain the latest the release it's happened a lot less.  

Yes, 2-wire POE is the issue, mine works fine on a full POE cat6 cable

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.