C4 Forums | Control4

HC-1000v3 is available for order with a lower price than the v2

thecodeman

I wouldnt be surprised. Have you seen anything in regards to the features in 2.0? Flash navigator, App store, etc. etc.

We put them on medium-large installations now with 1.7x and 1.8.x, and will continue to do them for 2.0. This price point allows more people to experience a significantly faster system.

Welcome to the world of technology, where the software drives the hardware, or vice-versa, depending on the cycle.

It's not a coincidence, but more the fact that hardware evolves.

Control4 continually wants to make pieces more affordable and powerful, and the opportunity came up to do just that with the HC-1000. Yes, a 2.0 system will run better with a 1000. A 1.7 or 1.8 system will also run better with a 1000.

Control4 obviously wants to drive the 1000 into mid-sized systems, because it's a good deal all around.

RyanE

Control4 has released different hardware that is less expensive, and/or more capabilities, but this is probably the biggest reduction / improvement.

The HC-300 was introduced at the same price as the HTC, but quite a bit more capable (HD output, faster processor, co-processing DSP, new industrial design, other improvements).

RyanE

• 2 weeks later...
I hear the v.3 HC-1000 has the same connections as the v.2, but what are the connections? There is no pictures or data about it on the website. What number and type of connnections does it have?

Just a gigabit ethernet and power, really. There's nothing else to connect in the project since it doesn't do audio or on-screen GUI, no contacts/relays/ir, etc.

They do. It's called an I/O Extender. Or an HC300.

:)

RyanE

Yeah, because each of those is included with an HC1000, right?

I have every single contact/relay on my old Media Controller used. If I were to get rid of that I would probably need two I/O Extenders to make up that functionality alone.

The media controller has it's downfalls (slow processor and no HD GUI), but the CD tray on the front and the myriad of outputs sure makes it a nice unit to have hanging around in the rack still.

Right, but if you were to get an HC1000, you could use the HC1000 as the master, and keep your Media Controller for it's I/O. Also, with the price reduction of the HC1000, you can better afford to get I/O extenders.

I'm guessing (I'm not a product manager, nor do I wish to be) that the cost for Control4 to make I/O to fit a standard x86 motherboard would push the HC1000 to more than the cost of the 1000 plus the cost of an I/O extender.

RyanE

Archived