C4 Forums | Control4

Integrating Hikvision Colorvu Cameras

Trillian

I'm working on a project that uses Colorvu cameras from Hikvision, however the general Hikvision IPC driver does not work to integrate it into Control4. What driver do you use to integrate it? I reached out to Hikvision but they said they don't have a driver for this camera.

1 hour ago, Trillian said:

I'm working on a project that uses Colorvu cameras from Hikvision, however the general Hikvision IPC driver does not work to integrate it into Control4. What driver do you use to integrate it? I reached out to Hikvision but they said they don't have a driver for this camera.

https://us.hikvision.com/en/control4-smart-home-solution

16 hours ago, Trillian said:

Thank you for the link - I'm trying to get this driver to work, but it's a no go so far. I'm getting either "CHECK YOUR PORT NUMBERS" or "CHECK YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD" errors, despite those parameters being correct.

Did you read the documentation.  I believe you need to change the authentication type (Digest/Basic) on the camera.  Did you do that?

13 minutes ago, DanITman said:

Did you read the documentation.  I believe you need to change the authentication type (Digest/Basic) on the camera.  Did you do that?

Yep! Finally figured out part of the issue - it doesn't pass special characters in the password properly so I had to change the password on the NVR to not contain special characters.

However I'm still having issues. I'm getting the following error messages:

01/09/2021 08:23:54 -     api.processor() - Last HTTP Response ERROR: transfer failed. Error 22: HTTP response code said error(22)
    api.processor() - It looks as though this device doesn't handle current snapshot Endpoint. Trying again with the next endpoint
01/09/2021 08:23:54 - updateproperties() - 'Last Communication from Device' has changed from >2021/09/01 - 08:23:51 snapshot endpoint failed. re-trying...< to >2021/09/01 - 08:23:54 snapshot endpoint failed. re-trying...<. Updating.
01/09/2021 08:23:57 - WARNING: Failed snapshot location does not exist. Trying alternative endpoint ContentMgmt/StreamingProxy/channels/
01/09/2021 08:23:57 -     api.processor() - Last HTTP Response ERROR: transfer failed. Error 22: HTTP response code said error(22)
    api.processor() - It looks as though this device doesn't handle current snapshot Endpoint. Trying again with the next endpoint
01/09/2021 08:23:57 - updateproperties() - 'Last Communication from Device' has changed from >2021/09/01 - 08:23:54 snapshot endpoint failed. re-trying...< to >2021/09/01 - 08:23:57 snapshot endpoint failed. re-trying...<. Updating.

Which is weird because at one point I did get all the test URLs to work, though they're not working now (it gives a 403 error saying the URL isn't validated - except for the H.264 URL which passes the test).

5 hours ago, Trillian said:

I am, it's the DS-7716NI-I4/16P.

I highly recommend using the Chowmain Hikvision driver in that case.  Your NVR model is supported, using a new version of firmware that Hik have endorsed for this integration. The latest update allows you to control the NVR via IP, which is really useful if you are using the HDMI output to feed monitors in the house.  You can switch camera views, do PTZ etc using your C4 remote.  Auto-configures a lot of stuff as well.  Comes with an NVR driver, a static camera driver and a PTZ camera driver.  Works really well.

http://www.chowmainsoft.com/hikvision-control4

https://us.hikvision.com/en/control4-smart-home-solution

On the problems that you were having with configuration, have you checked that all your camera port numbers do in fact match with what you have in the driver ?  Can you view your cameras locally on the network via the URLs you are using ?

I use a load of ColorVu cameras with no issue, but I don't bother integrating them (or any other cameras) fully into Control4 viewing because of the lousy 720P resolution restriction.  Why hobble a 4K camera back to 720P when there are so many other better ways of viewing it ?  I still use all the various triggers for C4 programming, but I use HDMI over CAT to view in the house, and NVMS7000 app to view on a phone remotely.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.