C4 Forums | Control4

DLNA driver New Computer not seeing music

antneed

2 minutes ago, Dunamivora said:

Usually there is a server running, like Twonky, or one of the DLNA servers listed in the driver documentation.

Other than that, it might be good to give a call to the dealer that initially set it up as they would know the specifics of the configuration.

So the specific DLNA has a server, so can I just redirect that to the new computer?

Sorta...

A DLNA server is a process that runs on your computer, that is not installed by default. (Extra application).

It needs to be configured, then you will be able to find that server in the DLNA driver.

It's honestly easier to buy a Synology or Buffalo NAS and use its built-in DLNA server.

1 hour ago, Dunamivora said:

Sorta...

A DLNA server is a process that runs on your computer, that is not installed by default. (Extra application).

It needs to be configured, then you will be able to find that server in the DLNA driver.

It's honestly easier to buy a Synology or Buffalo NAS and use its built-in DLNA server.

Yes I know, but this has been working so well .

Can I do this with HE?

12 minutes ago, antneed said:

Could my dealer have done that from his laptop? Because I don’t remember him ever sitting down in front of my computer.

Unless it was because I had Plex installed on my old computer?

I haven’t gotten around to installing Plex on the Mac yet.

10 minutes ago, Dunamivora said:

Yes, once Plex is up, you will just need to use HE to go to the DLNA driver properties and select the new server.

Wow that would be great!

Dumamivora, I cannot thank you enough for your assistance.

I will hopefully attempt to get Plex up & running in the next few days.

I’ll let you know if I have any more questions lol!

again Thank you Sir!

• 1 year later...

Check your DLNA server settings:

Make sure your DLNA server software is running and that it is set up to share your music library. Double-check that the folder containing your music is included in the server's library.

Check your network connection:

Ensure that your new computer is connected to the same network as your dlna mac server. If you're using a wired connection, make sure the cable is plugged in securely. If you're using a wireless connection, make sure your computer is connected to the correct network and that your signal strength is strong enough.

Check your firewall settings:

\Your computer's firewall could be blocking the DLNA server's traffic. Temporarily disable your firewall and try to connect to your music library again. If this works, you'll need to configure your firewall to allow DLNA traffic. Check your DLNA client settings: Make sure that the dlna mac client you're using to access your music is set up to look for the DLNA server on the correct network.

Restart everything:

Try restarting your DLNA server, your computer, and your DLNA client. This can sometimes resolve connectivity issues. If none of these steps work, it's possible that there is an issue with your DLNA server or your computer's network settings.

On 4/28/2023 at 11:18 AM, Dereck Tolonoj said:

Check your DLNA server settings:

Make sure your DLNA server software is running and that it is set up to share your music library. Double-check that the folder containing your music is included in the server's library.

Check your network connection:

Ensure that your new computer is connected to the same network as your dlna mac server. If you're using a wired connection, make sure the cable is plugged in securely. If you're using a wireless connection, make sure your computer is connected to the correct network and that your signal strength is strong enough.

Check your firewall settings:

\Your computer's firewall could be blocking the DLNA server's traffic. Temporarily disable your firewall and try to connect to your music library again. If this works, you'll need to configure your firewall to allow DLNA traffic. Check your DLNA client settings: Make sure that the DLNA client you're using to access your music is set up to look for the DLNA server on the correct network.

Restart everything:

Try restarting your DLNA server, your computer, and your DLNA client. This can sometimes resolve connectivity issues. If none of these steps work, it's possible that there is an issue with your DLNA server or your computer's network settings.

Hello, you realize that this is a one year old post, in addition the issue was fixed also one year ago?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.