C4 Forums | Control4

Is there a way to program macro to shut off a schedule temporarily?

LuLu

Sure, what do you want the button to do? You can have it suspend the automation schedule in a number of ways.

• For x hours.
  • Until you hit the button again.
  • Until the shade is manually adjusted.
  • Until a predetermined point in time (midnight, sunrise the next morning, etc.).
  • Until something else happens (a specific light is turned on or off, alarm is armed/disarmed, motion is sensed somewhere or not sensed for a period of time).
  • Some combination of the above.

And how is the automation set up now? In scheduler (i.e. at 4:00 PM every day the shades lower)? Or is it based on other events/triggers? That part doesn't matter too much, I guess - either way, it will involve a condition being put on the raise/lower programming. But what that condition is might depend on how you want the suspension to function.

Perhaps the easiest is to set a variable, then execute based on the value of that variable. For instance:

if ShadeAutomation = true

execute shade scene

Then all you need do is designate a button (or activate voice command) to change the value of the variable. If you have an end-of-day procedure (such as "shut down house"), you'll want to reset that variable there so that each morning it operates as originally designed.

1 hour ago, martymohr said:

Perhaps the easiest is to set a variable, then execute based on the value of that variable. For instance:

if ShadeAutomation = true

execute shade scene

Then all you need do is designate a button (or activate voice command) to change the value of the variable. If you have an end-of-day procedure (such as "shut down house"), you'll want to reset that variable there so that each morning it operates as originally designed.

Yeah, I was thinking that if it were me, I would do it with a variable or a custom button.

You could create a custom button called "Shade Override" or something similar, and have "on" be override active and "off" be override inactive. Then the automation for the shade would be conditional upon the button being in the off position. The button could then be toggled as you see fit, or it could be programmed to be set to "on" based on a timer or a scheduled event (so that the override expires as desired). If you have an available keypad button, you could have your dealer connect the keypad button to the custom button, so you can toggle from there and see the state of the button on the LED. You can also see the state/toggle it from the mobile app or a touchscreen.

I hadn't thought about the voice command, but martymohr is right - if you use voice commands, you could activate the suspension that way, also.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.