C4 Forums | Control4

Zigbee Kwickset door lock

Couldn't wait so I bit the bullet and got one. Enstalled and everything with no problem but dont think I undersatnd exictly what it is supposed to do but unlock the door. I was told and the reason I got it was:

1) It was to beable to activate and deactivate my alarm.

2) Recognize the code that is used and set lighting and media scenes.

3) Log what code was being used and when.

4) Send email notification when activated.

And other things.................

Figured out how to do all of it except differentiate between unlock codes for individual scenes.

Any Help?????????????????:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I dont have one of these nor do I know how it shows up in Composer/HE but my guess would be that you can program it such that various keycode combinations will dictate what happens in the house.

For example

1-2-3 will unlock the door, turn on the foyer lights, and disarm the security system.

1-2-4 will unlock the door and turn on the foyer lights

1-2-5 will unlock the door, turn on some lights and turn on the tv to the satellite dish

etc

Personally I think programming any exterior keycode device to deactivate your alarm system is just reducing the 'security' of your security system so I would never do it. Rather, just program an announcement indoors to remind you to disarm the system, or make the disarming of the security system dependent on an additional keypress inside the house which is not visible outside.

There's also a username variable.

That way, you could do programming that was like:

If Entry -> Front Door Lock -> USERNAME equal to 'Ryan'

-> Play playlist 'Ryans Playlist'

BTW, the usercode referred to in the above post is NOT the code that was entered, it's the user code of the user, i.e. the User Number... If you entered Ryan as user 1, that's the usercode that's set when I unlock your door using Ryan's code.

I find username easier to follow than usercode.

RyanE

Thanks guy for all the great info. Your probably right about the alarm deactivation as I have already set up email notifications and whoever opens the door with their user code I now get an email telling that user. The alarm also does logging so I will know who alarm cod disarmed it. I mean, how lazy do we really want to get in we cant even put in (2) different codes upon entry..............

Yes I have 14 codes in mine already. I added a couple guest codes that can be given out and erased. I also gave 2 codes to trusted neighbors to be able to access the house in the cast of emergencies. Did you set up the email notification yet. That is pretty cool I know who and when someone unlocks and locks the door....... Started working with the USERCODE=. Lots of portabilities there. Have fun and good luck...

Just finished snow boarding in Big Bear and then drove to the beach and got in a little afternoon surfing. Just kidding... Used to do it all the time with my buds about 20 years ago. But then I got a job, wife, kids, a mortgage...............................................

Just finished snowblowing 4"...

Man, that's nothing compared to the last 36 hours here. It hasn't snowed more this afternoon, but yesterday I shoveled about 6 inches twice, and about 10 inches this morning.

My commute is normally about 20-25 minutes and took me 2.5 HOURS. I was just outside helping a neighbor get the jack hammer he rented from Home Depot into the back of his truck. I came inside and checked my outside temperature only to find out it is 7 degrees. It's cold. I like the snow and winter time, but 7 degrees is just too cold.

All of the interstates in Iowa are now closed down so I get another night in Minneapolis. I might be able to get a flight to so cal and take you up on that offer.

Ouch. I got caught in Chicago over my wifes birthday one year. Not good. I hope you make it home.

Best of luck to all you and I hope you all get to where you are going. I am kind of sheltered form all that although I do hear the horror stories from friend that travel east for business. Oh ya, I do get to watch it on the national news in front of my 60" plasma. Its almost like being there if I turn the A/C all the way down. Isn't it?

Archived