C4 Forums | Control4

C4 IR emitters and baluns

drmark12pa

Question

8 answers to this question

Yup, nothing WRONG as such using HDBaseT (to be clear I run this in my own house just as a test case and haven't had to revert...after more years than I can remember) - it's just a matter of best practise, if possible pull/use a separate 2 conductor wire and don't PLAN to rely on sending IR over '3rd party' device if you can (reasonably) avoid it. Not forking out for a Core1 or even an EA1 (or even a Z2IO) when that extra wire just isn't there unless needed is a pretty reasonable proposition.

9 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Yup, nothing WRONG as such using HDBaseT (to be clear I run this in my own house just as a test case and haven't had to revert...after more years than I can remember) - it's just a matter of best practise, if possible pull/use a separate 2 conductor wire and don't PLAN to rely on sending IR over '3rd party' device if you can (reasonably) avoid it. Not forking out for a Core1 or even an EA1 (or even a Z2IO) when that extra wire just isn't there unless needed is a pretty reasonable proposition.

I'm looking at the back of the EA1 series and I see conflicting pictures where one has ethernet in only and other pictures with ethernet in and ethernet out.   I would like to have something that allows ethernet "passthrough" so to speak so I don't have to use up one of my ethernet connections behind the TV as it is now.

9 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Or another option would be to use the wireless on the EA1 or and EA3 so as to not use up an ethernet port behind the TV?  I have always had all of my controllers (have EA5, HC800, and 2 EA3s) but have always used them in wired configuration never used the wireless option....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.