C4 Forums | Control4

Programming Questions

Someone always tries to watch the Roku in our Gym when someone is working out.  My wife uses the Roku for the Peloton Channel.  So I've been thinking is there a way notify the user who is now selecting the roku that it is already in use?  Would love to hear ideas on this

also, is there a way to change the room on an sr250 or 260 programmatically?

33 minutes ago, Adidaswood said:

Someone always tries to watch the Roku in our Gym when someone is working out.  My wife uses the Roku for the Peloton Channel.  So I've been thinking is there a way notify the user who is now selecting the roku that it is already in use?  Would love to hear ideas on this

also, is there a way to change the room on an sr250 or 260 programmatically?

Got any light switches?  Can change backlighting to a color if roku is in use

or do what I did 1 get a cheap roku and attach it to the gym tv and use the peloton app there.  My gym tv is 98% peloton so that’s what I do and when I’m in the gym and press watch peloton it’s taking it from the stick locally - not the shared roku that is distributed 

Can also just program each room that is the that roku is in use in the GYM then switch it to another input. if you have a c4 navigator you can switch it to that and display a pop up message that its in use. If you c4 audio zone could play announcement as well.

1 hour ago, lippavisual said:

But there’s no stopping anyone from hitting Watch-Roku, Netflix, etc.  the action will still happen whether you have announcements or whatever 

Better off getting another Roku or other streamer 

Using the Mini apps would certainly make that much more difficult. another dedicated player in the distribution system is an option if you need the audio. You can also do a lot of Fancy programming using experience buttons that would take place of the mini apps. It possible albeit with a quite a bit of programming.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.